Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Lubavitch question

amother

Post Thu, Sep 20 2007, 3:26 pm
I am not lubavitch and that is why I am turning to the lubavitch members here. My family has been going through some major difficulties the last few years and I recently saw somewhere that there was a sefer Igros ??that was put out by the lubavitch rebbe where you can open it and it will give you an answer of sort..maybe why were are going thru it and what to do as tikkun. Not sure how it works so if anyone can explain how to do it I'd greatly appreciate it.

southernbubby

Post Thu, Sep 20 2007, 3:34 pm
There is a website, I think it is www.igros.com or if that isn't it, try .org or pm Motek who for sure knows what it is. It "shuffles" the igros (letters) that the Rebbe had sent people to answer questions and serves the same purpose as a sefer. You type in the question and a letter comes up that should have a clue as to the answer. If you don't see a connection between the question and answer, print the answer and show it to someone who could help you see the answer in the letter.

mushmom

Post Thu, Sep 20 2007, 3:56 pm
just so you know, there are many within lubavitch who would not be advising you to go to an "igros website" and the subject of placing a letter in igros is definitely not an open-shut case (pardon the pun!) within lubavitch.
I cant think straight now so I cant remember what exactly the discussion is and where evrything is sourced but I'll tell you a few things:
-there is definitely a basis in yiddishkeit for placing a letter or question in a sefer. many kabbalists and tzaddikim would do this to receive divine inspiration for questions they needed answered.
-the part that is not so clear is that one would expect to open to the page where he had randomly inserted the letter and expect that his answer would be contained within the letter. though this has clearly happened with the Rebbe's igros- there are countless stories that are indisputable- I dont know if its necessarily the right way to go about seeking the Rebbe's guidance. Its not a magic trick that can just sort of be called upon at will. I think that if one has a request from the Rebbe and has sincere emunas tzadikim that his request will be answered, the Rebbe will find a way to answer him/ bless him. Does that always come in the form of a clear cut letter from the igros? not necessarily, and thats why creating this idea where you put in a letter and expect a direct response can sometimes create more confusion than clarity.
- As a lubavitcher, I'll tell you what I have done at times when I felt that I needed the Rebbe's guidance. I have taken it upon myself to read a letter of the Rebbe's each day, dated that particular day. Each day has its own unique energy that comes around every year so I felt that whatever the Rebbe had written on this date would have some meaning for me. Many times, I have been truly blessed to receive precise guidance on issues that were bothering me that day, and I have always been inspired and amazed at the Rebbe's broad vision and understanding in every area.
I think altogether its about creating a connection with a tzadik that makes him the conduit for Hashem's blessing to come to you. Since there are so many books- in English too- of the Rebbe's letters and advice, some divided up by subject, maybe that would be a good place to start.

Good luck with everything and may you and your family have only revealed good this year!

Mom2Three

Post Thu, Sep 20 2007, 4:01 pm
http://www.igrot.com/

greenfire

Post Thu, Sep 20 2007, 4:09 pm
you need a sefer ... how can one go to igros on line ...

southernbubby

Post Thu, Sep 20 2007, 4:24 pm
It shuffles the letters, similar to opening a random page of a sefer. Thanks mom2three for the correct web address.
Whether or not people agree with using the sefer or the website for the purpose of obtaining answers from the Rebbe, the OP wants to use that approach and I was answering based on what she asked. I hope that I was able to help her.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics