Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur
Embarassing question...re Yom Kippur

amother

Post Thu, Sep 20 2007, 4:12 pm
I have not been to shul on Yom Kippur since before kids were born.. Sadly typically I curl in a ball and sleep...daven for a bit, but have to retain energy due to young kids...

Of course, I know no leather shoes... But clothing wise??

This year I might actually go to shul that's why the question...

MommyLuv

Post Thu, Sep 20 2007, 4:16 pm
the only custom related to clothing that I've learned is that some people wear white due to the nature of the day of YK, and also no gold jewelry...

chocolate moose

Post Thu, Sep 20 2007, 5:00 pm
But not everyone avoids jewelry.

Amother, you wear Shabos/yomtov clothes; just maybe choose something that's comfortable...and goes with your non leather shoes.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Sep 20 2007, 5:05 pm
This year they wrote in the community magazine "YK is not a fashion show, dress accordingly, don't come to chat away and don't wear leather shoes, and leave your car at home, and don't come in the end of the fast for the food only, and don't put on cosmetics/make up" LOL
B'h, it was needed.

Bzgirl

Post Thu, Sep 20 2007, 5:22 pm
I would say wear a boring suit....and yeah lots of ladies wear a white shell or white shirt for Yom tov.....and don't overdue it on the makeup and jewlery.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Rosh Hashana-Yom Kippur