Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Moving mid year???

amother
cornflower

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 11:09 am
Hi,
So looks like we may be relocating in the coming future from NY to South Florida.
The options would be,
Feb/March 2018
Or the summer 2018

We will have a 4,2 and baby at the time. How important would you say it is to wait till the summer for the move, fur the kids schooling etc?

Obviously there are many other factors, but if you would just look at schooling for the kids.
Any move is going to bring upheaval etc. Disregardless of time if the year

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 11:12 am
Don't move midyear if you can avoid it. It's easier to start the school year with everyone. And even better if they can meet friends beforehand.

On the other hand, your kids are pretty young, and should be fine after the first few months.

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 1:11 pm
It's definitely disorienting for kids to integrate in the middle of the year, when everyone else knows the classroom routines and expectations (both socially and from the teachers)- besides the new kid. Also harder to make friends when everyone already is comfortable in their little chevras. Another thing to think about is whether the school will have room mid-year. The schools in S Florida can be hard to get into depending on the year if you don't apply early enough, and they won't hold a spot for half the year without tuition.

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 1:14 pm
If you can wait until the summer, that would most likely be a lot easier for your children. Though of course if that causes more stress, upheaval in other areas, that can counteract this advantage.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Apr 25 2017, 9:48 pm
We moved mid-year. Once I was offered a job I had to start within 3 months. You can't always schedule a job offer to come exactly when you want it. My kids had to switch school mid-year but it worked out well B"H.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics