Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Help me plan a long NYC rainy morning stopover

chanchy123

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 4:41 am
DD (12) and I will be arriving in NYC for a long stopover this Thursday on what is supposed to be a rainy morning.

This will be essentially her fist trip to NY (she has been as a small child but doesn't remember anything), we are on our way to Chicago - and will be returning for about a week in NY later on in our trip, but this will be her first introduction to a big city outside of Israel - I would love to make the best of the few hours we have. We should be in the city by 7:30 or 8:00 and we need to head back to the airport at 11:30ish (our flight from JFk leaves at 2:30 PM). So no time for museums. I was originally planning on taking her to Times Square and Central Park, and just walk around the city to get the feel of it. But I don't know what to do in the rain, most place don't open until 9:00 or 10:00.

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 8:39 am
You can go to lower manhattan. Winter gardens, which is pretty indoor marble space, near the water. It's across from the freedom tower and century 21 shopping. In that area is the sea glass carousel, a 5 minute ride that pricey, supposed to be beautiful and is enclosed in glass-works in rain.

exhausted

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 9:10 am
Check the weather as it gets closer. The forecast often changes.

chanchy123

Post Sun, Apr 30 2017, 9:26 am
amother wrote:
You can go to lower manhattan. Winter gardens, which is pretty indoor marble space, near the water. It's across from the freedom tower and century 21 shopping. In that area is the sea glass carousel, a 5 minute ride that pricey, supposed to be beautiful and is enclosed in glass-works in rain.

I'm afraid to venture too far away from the train back to Jfk.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics