Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Switzerland day trip

amother
Slategray

Post Sun, May 07 2017, 5:47 am
I'm having a 14 hour layover in Zurich. Would anyone be a me to offer ideas of nice place to visit that day?
I have never been to Switzerland before and would love to see the beautiful mountains.
Someone suggested I should take the train to luzern- when I look online I'm not sure the mountains In luzern are that splendid.
I see I can take a tour to mt Titlis or the jungfrau.
Which one gives me a better view of the most spectacular scenery?
And is there minyan in Zurich for shachris? Flight is Landing 8:00.
Thanks

amother
Turquoise

Post Sun, May 07 2017, 7:47 am
The closest mountain day trip would probably be Engelberg from there you could take the cable cars up to mount Titlis. You would have to catch a train to Luzern ,change trains and go to Engelberg where you could get the cable car onto the Titlis. That's about a three hour trip.
Minyan wise in Zürich the Agudas Achim Schul an Erikastrasse would probably be your best bet,
There is a kosher grocery right across the street too
Get the local train ( called S Bahn) from the airport to the station called Bahnhof Wiedikon. It's a direct ride.
On your phone , google maps just put in synagoge agudas achim, it's e two minute walk from the station

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, May 07 2017, 11:30 am
Engelberg is beautiful, but known for its rainy spells, so make sure to check the weather forecast before you go. Another option is to go up the Rigi. You may be able to buy a ticket that includes the cable car up. Check out https://www.sbb.ch/en.

amother
Slategray

Post Tue, May 09 2017, 7:16 am
Thank you all for the replies. Someone mentioned jungfrau- does anyone have any information on it- I didn't get any details on it or how to catch it- how does it compare to Mt Titlis?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics