Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Shabbos away with food in the tri state area

Debbig

Post Mon, May 08 2017, 5:42 pm
My husband & I need a weekend away my mother is kind enough to have our kids. Is there any kosher hotel in the tri state area?

wondergirl

Post Mon, May 08 2017, 6:32 pm
http://www.harrishunter.com/about_us.htm

ra_mom

Post Mon, May 08 2017, 6:40 pm
Raleigh in the Catskills
Arlington in New Hampshire

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, May 08 2017, 6:45 pm
I think the Radisson Hotel in Piscataway, NJ is kosher and has a shul in the hotel.

Debbig

Post Mon, May 08 2017, 8:33 pm
Thanks I'm going to look into those ideas.

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, May 08 2017, 9:11 pm
Tabak
I go there every winter and spring and I am Bh very happy. They are nice and honest and their food is good. Seperate bungalows.

amother
Orange

Post Mon, May 08 2017, 11:11 pm
amother wrote:
Tabak
I go there every winter and spring and I am Bh very happy. They are nice and honest and their food is good. Seperate bungalows.

Not OP, but curious how this works. Is there a minyan there, or in walking distance, every Shabbos? If not, how do you know when you can go up? Can you bring your own food, or do you have to use theirs? How much do they charge? And what does separate bungalows mean?

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, May 08 2017, 11:22 pm
amother wrote:
Not OP, but curious how this works. Is there a minyan there, or in walking distance, every Shabbos? If not, how do you know when you can go up? Can you bring your own food, or do you have to use theirs? How much do they charge? And what does separate bungalows mean?

They are walking distance from Buyrite, Woodridge shul, Rabbi lebovich shul. 45 min to mt dale yeshiva. There is a mikvah. You can bring your own food. They do provide linen and towels. I don't remember the exact prices but feel free to contact them. Seperate bungalows means its not a hotel. they also have a shul and lake and pool on premises. Usually there is Ka"h minyan. Mostly Chasidish people go there during the year because it's private. During the summer it's a Flatbush bungalow colony.

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, May 09 2017, 8:41 am
Sounds interesting! Is Tabak the name of the colony or the people who run it? Any approximate idea of price range for a shabbos?

cnc

Post Tue, May 09 2017, 8:59 am
amother wrote:
Sounds interesting! Is Tabak the name of the colony or the people who run it? Any approximate idea of price range for a shabbos?

The bungalow colony is called Highland Park. The owner is Tabak. There may be a food option.

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, May 09 2017, 9:12 am
amother wrote:

Tabak owns it. The son of Menorah bungalows. Chasidish people call its Tabaks lol. But its called Highland park like CNC said. There is an option for food and they use only Viznitz shchita.

Cmon be nice

Post Tue, May 09 2017, 10:51 am
Theres also Oppenheimer's Regis Hotel. http://www.oppenheimersregis.com. I think that officially theyre open for shabosim after shavous but sometimes they have groups coming for shabos and will let others come after pesach. We went once, not for a shabos, but it was very low key and nice. And good food
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics