Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
Looking for photography course.
1  2  Next

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, May 09 2017, 8:36 pm
Have you taken a photography course?
Gave your daughter one?
Please share your experience.
I'm looking for a highly proffesional course/school for a very talented young lady that wants to enter th e field.
Does it pay to take a B.A in photography?

Any ideas welcome.
Thanks.

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, May 09 2017, 8:52 pm
My sister has a knack for art/music so we let her watch on YouTube photography courses with out supervision of course and then we bought her a $1k canon d70 tsi 6

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, May 09 2017, 8:55 pm
amother wrote:
My sister has a knack for art/music so we let her watch on YouTube photography courses with out supervision of course and then we bought her a $1k canon d70 tsi 6

Thanks for this information.
I'd love for my daughter to have a more structured schooling/training sort of.
Once she's done with that I really dont mind her watching/taking additional videos.
Am I backdated? Like, is YouTube the way today?

doctorima

Post Wed, May 10 2017, 12:30 am
Where are you located? In Brooklyn Devorie Zutler teaches very well-organized photography classes to women and older girls on all different levels of background and experience.

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, May 10 2017, 12:33 am
doctorima wrote:
Where are you located? In Brooklyn Devorie Zutler teaches very well-organized photography classes to women and older girls on all different levels of background and experience.

Thanks so much.
Do you have personal experience with it?

crust

Post Wed, May 10 2017, 11:20 am
doctorima wrote:

I know she's starting a new group now.
She has an alumni page on her website where you can check out the works of her students.

cnc

Post Wed, May 10 2017, 11:28 am
amother wrote:
Thanks so much.
Do you have personal experience with it?

I know a number of professional successful photographers that took her courses. I was very impressed with their work.(From a client's POV)

She has courses in many locations.

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, May 10 2017, 11:41 am
cnc wrote:
I was very impressed with their work.

So you took her courses?

cnc

Post Wed, May 10 2017, 11:46 am
amother wrote:
So you took her courses?

No.
I've seen work and used photographers that have taken her courses .

amother
Teal

Post Wed, May 10 2017, 11:51 am
I took one of her classes several years ago and was very happy with it.

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, May 10 2017, 12:45 pm
Ok
So Devorie Zutler is one choice and seems to be a good one.
Anybody know of anything else?
Did anyone take TTI graphics and photography bachelor's?

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Wed, May 10 2017, 1:58 pm
I'm a photographer. I learned a lot through courses I watched live or purchased from CreativeLive.com. Posting my images for critique in Facebook groups was also very helpful. Good luck!

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, May 10 2017, 2:03 pm
TranquilityAndPeace wrote:
I'm a photographer. I learned a lot through courses I watched live or purchased from CreativeLive.com. Posting my images for critique in Facebook groups was also very helpful. Good luck!

Do you think that before she does anything online, a live starter course will be useful or is it just a waste of money? Zutler is in the 500 range.
Do you mind sharing with me which Facebook groups? I'm not very tech savvy.

TranquilityAndPeace

Post Wed, May 10 2017, 6:17 pm
amother wrote:
Do you think that before she does anything online, a live starter course will be useful or is it just a waste of money? Zutler is in the 500 range.
Do you mind sharing with me which Facebook groups? I'm not very tech savvy.

Different people learn differently, so I can't say!

I'm not sure I'd recommend these FB groups for a frum teen. Sometimes the discussions turn somewhat inappropriate.

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, May 10 2017, 7:01 pm
TranquilityAndPeace wrote:
Different people learn differently, so I can't say!

I'm not sure I'd recommend these FB groups for a frum teen. Sometimes the discussions turn somewhat inappropriate.

Yup
I offered her she should watch/learn online but she's more frum than me. embarrassed She doesnt want to see the pictures seen on all of those sites.

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, May 10 2017, 10:36 pm
The photography course from TTI is very good, from what I hear. I know someone who took it and she said it was very thorough and professional. It's not a bachelor's.

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, May 10 2017, 10:36 pm
amother wrote:
. It's not a bachelor's.

What is it?

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, May 10 2017, 10:38 pm
amother wrote:
What is it?

From their website:

Quote:
TTI Careers is excited to offer a Professional Photography course taught by with licensed, experienced instructors. The course includes 124 hours of face to face classroom instruction in the use of commercial grade camera, lenses, light, focus, and set up. The photography course work will instruct students from the basics of the initial image capture to the final editing process. Students will learn cutting-edge techniques and practical applications in the art of creating and perfecting beautiful photos, all branded by their distinct style, to effectively enter the creative market using a complete photography studio to practice with as well as training in photographic specific software and career development.

By the conclusion of the program, students will gain the ability to properly and aesthetically capture subjects and products, edit photographs, and implement their creative expression within their target audience using their unique visual voice.

Students will have the option of receiving a free-of-cost 50 hour internship to develop their skills set in a professional environment. With this specialized internship, students will have the chance to hone their skills, network with others in the field, and potentially gain viable employment.

Upon completion of TTI Careers certification, you will have much more than photography skills. In addition to mastering specific equipment and techniques, the program focuses on practical application to ensure your success. Learn the marketing skills necessary to deliver a successful campaign to your clients, and develop and build your portfolio.

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, May 10 2017, 10:55 pm
Ok. Thanks.
I appreciate you.
I will check it out.

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, May 10 2017, 10:57 pm
amother wrote:
Ok. Thanks.
I appreciate you.
I will check it out.

Hatzlacha!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children