Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Pareve soft serve... is it worthwhile?

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, May 14 2017, 7:54 pm
Anonymous because I just want input, not to advertise.

I was thinking about including soft serve in my out of town business but it needs to be CY and I think that there is really no good CY ice cream that I've tasted.

It's hard to get, very expensive and to me, meh.

What would you all think about vegan soft serve? It's pareve, which means you can have a treat after you ate the salami sandwich you brought from home, and its vegan so it could be advertised to non Jews as well, hopefully helpingme improve my chances of making money after the expenditure of the machine.

Do you think this would fly? It's really my only alternaTive.

tichellady

Post Sun, May 14 2017, 7:55 pm
Have you tried it to see how it tastes?

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, May 14 2017, 7:56 pm
tichellady wrote:
Have you tried it to see how it tastes?

Not yet. It I understand from another business that their staff, not Jewish LoVE IT!

Last edited by amother on Sun, May 14 2017, 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Tan

Post Sun, May 14 2017, 7:59 pm
Op you forgot to go anon for your second post

tichellady

Post Sun, May 14 2017, 8:11 pm
I think it could be popular. There's an ice cream place near me and they have a bunch of vegan flavors which are delicious and they market them as "vegan, lactose-free, dairy-free and pareve". I often get the vegan flavors instead of the dairy ones. That said, they are not chemically, they are made from coconut or nut milks and are pretty wholesome, I would not get stuff made from rich's whip etc

amother
Natural

Post Sun, May 14 2017, 8:17 pm
Personally, I prefer cy ice cream to any of the pareve ones I've tasted (though my favorites are non cy, dairy). So if it's based on taste I don't know that I would agree. It depends on who you're marketing to, though.

seeker

Post Sun, May 14 2017, 8:46 pm
CY soft serve IME is just as good as non-CY. Soft serve is pretty basic, after all. But if you have a vegan one that is objectively very good then you're right that it could expand your market. If you're a dairy eatery then I doubt people will be coming to you just for parve ice cream when they're fleishig though...

egam

Post Sun, May 14 2017, 9:21 pm
No pareve ice cream is ever worthwhile for me. None of them taste good.

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, May 14 2017, 10:21 pm
amother wrote:
Op you forgot to go anon for your second post

Thank you!

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, May 14 2017, 10:23 pm
amother wrote:
Personally, I prefer cy ice cream to any of the pareve ones I've tasted (though my favorites are non cy, dairy). So if it's based on taste I don't know that I would agree. It depends on who you're marketing to, though.

Mainly ppl who keep cy. But then sometimes they want pareve because they ate what they brought or at the meat restaurant.

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, May 14 2017, 10:24 pm
seeker wrote:
CY soft serve IME is just as good as non-CY. Soft serve is pretty basic, after all. But if you have a vegan one that is objectively very good then you're right that it could expand your market. If you're a dairy eatery then I doubt people will be coming to you just for parve ice cream when they're fleishig though...

You'd be surprised at the number of ppl that come in to get s drink and a pareve snack....

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, May 14 2017, 10:24 pm
egam wrote:
No pareve ice cream is ever worthwhile for me. None of them taste good.

Thank you for telling me.

amother
Mauve

Post Sun, May 14 2017, 10:27 pm
If this is at a vacation restaurant then I'd say it's worth it. I'd totally give in to the kids to have ice cream cones after dinner even if it wasn't dairy. But taste does become a factor the second time we stop by the restaurant.

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, May 14 2017, 10:52 pm
amother wrote:
If this is at a vacation restaurant then I'd say it's worth it. I'd totally give in to the kids to have ice cream cones after dinner even if it wasn't dairy. But taste does become a factor the second time we stop by the restaurant.

I won't serve it unless it's good. But that is a very good point!

zigi

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 8:34 am
I would get a slushie machine for pareve, people who eat only cy soft serve are used to the taste of it,

isrmss91

Post Mon, May 15 2017, 9:38 am
Personally I prefer dairy ice creams to the chemically made parve versions. I never buy parve. But if it were made with natural ingredients like coconut or nuts, then I am game. Also, vegan products are gaining popularity. I think any food business needs to also seek out all types of customers and not just cater to the kosher consumer. Good luck on your venture.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics