Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Trump's Tweets
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

What do you think about Trump's tweets?
They're very disturbing  
 33%  [ 56 ]
They're a genius way of manipulating the media  
 6%  [ 11 ]
They're hilarious  
 8%  [ 15 ]
I love that he says exactly what he's thinking  
 8%  [ 14 ]
He says the things I've always believed  
 2%  [ 4 ]
They bother me but I put up with it for the sake of all the good stuff he does  
 2%  [ 5 ]
I don't pay attention to his tweets  
 29%  [ 50 ]
I don't care one way or the other  
 8%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 169

SixOfWands

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 10:30 pm
sheep wrote:
he wants the supreme court to rule against him. So he can remain the anti establishment person who cares about the common man unlike these head in the sands liberals. He cant win in the SC anyway so next best thing is owning wanting to DO something about terror.
This will strengthen him politically with every terror attack.

So you think that he doesn't have any real plan to deal with terrorism and that, in fact, he made a proposal -- what he now refers to as the travel ban -- that he WANTED to fail. And that he did so specifically so he can make political hay out of any future terrorist attacks. That he more or less wants people to die, because it strengthens him politically.

I don't buy it. But if you're right, he's pure evil.

sheep

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 10:30 pm
Jeanette wrote:
On a gut level it seemed gutless to me to use a terror attack to score cheap political points and settle scores with London's mayor. I felt disgusted.

To you his tweets had a completely diffmerent effect. That's what I find so interesting. That people can have such different gut level reaction to the same thing.

Interesting. Read it again with what I wrote inmind. Same gut response? Do you feel the same

sheep

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 10:34 pm
SixOfWands wrote:
So you think that he doesn't have any real plan to deal with terrorism and that, in fact, he made a proposal -- what he now refers to as the travel ban -- that he WANTED to fail. And that he did so specifically so he can make political hay out of any future terrorist attacks. That he more or less wants people to die, because it strengthens him politically.

I don't buy it. But if you're right, he's pure evil.

I didn't say he doesn't have a real plan to deal with terrorism. However, the travel ban was imho the least effective plan he could have proposed. The left is correct in that respect.

I suspect after losing this battle he will be able to propose a tougher plan. Because people will be on his side no matter what.

Jeanette

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 10:34 pm
sheep wrote:
Interesting. Read it again with what I wrote inmind. Same gut response? Do you feel the same

With what in mind? That he's cynically manipulating his base while not actually having a plan to fight terror? Even more despicable.

Jeanette

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 10:36 pm
sheep wrote:
I didn't say he doesn't have a real plan to deal with terrorism. However, the travel ban was imho the least effective plan he could have proposed. The left is correct in that respect.

I suspect after losing this battle he will be able to propose a tougher plan. Because people will be on his side no matter what.

So why waste time with the most ineffective plan? If his base will support him anyway why not go straight to the best plan when lives are at stake?

sheep

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 10:36 pm
It didn't bother you when the left used terror attacks as a cheap political move to be anti guns? ???

At least president trump is moving towards a actual anti terror policy.

Calling isis losers is a good start.

sheep

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 10:37 pm
Jeanette wrote:
So why waste time with the most ineffective plan? If his base will support him anyway why not go straight to the best plan when lives are at stake?
bec the left will get it knocked down in court.

Jeanette

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 10:39 pm
sheep wrote:
bec the left will get it knocked down in court.

They will knock down the better plan? What is the better plan?

Jeanette

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 10:49 pm
sheep wrote:
It didn't bother you when the left used terror attacks as a cheap political move to be anti guns? ???

Are we pivoting already?

We were talking about how trumps tweets make us feel on a gut level.

On a gut level they make me feel unsafe and not very confident in his mental stability.

MagentaYenta

Post Mon, Jun 05 2017, 10:55 pm
sheep wrote:

Ok step one in his terrorist policy is to call names. What are the other steps in this policy.

marina

Post Tue, Jun 06 2017, 1:15 am
sheep wrote:

I dk how you guys do it, Magenta and Jeannette.

I read this kind of thing and then I want to stop reading for a while.

At some point I'm going to have to call Poe's law on some of these posters but prob not this one.

DrMom

Post Tue, Jun 06 2017, 1:20 am
His tweets vary in "quality," but I do find it hilarious how hysterical the mainstream media gets about them.

I guess they do not like someone communicating with the American public without their approval.

treestump

Post Tue, Jun 06 2017, 1:29 am
sheep wrote:

This was brilliant political satire. Thanks for the laugh in these troubling times.

You can try submitting some work to The Onion. They might even publish your work, and boy do we need good political humor!

marina

Post Tue, Jun 06 2017, 1:31 am
sheep wrote:

I don't want to break any national security protocols here, but I hear that the tougher plan will involve Trump sticking out his tongue at ISIS and yelling nah-nah-you-can't-catch-me.

MagentaYenta

Post Tue, Jun 06 2017, 1:53 am
marina wrote:
I dk how you guys do it, Magenta and Jeannette.

I read this kind of thing and then I want to stop reading for a while.

At some point I'm going to have to call Poe's law on some of these posters but prob not this one.

Honestly I was going to cite Poe's law a earlier on this thread and I deleted it several times.

I'm an old labor and community organizer. I used to do a lot of knock and talks so this is even easier. Online its easy peasy.

youngishbear

Post Tue, Jun 06 2017, 2:38 am
I don't think any posts so far fall under Poe's jurisdiction.

Isn't it amazing how people interpret simple text according to whatever preconceptions they have?

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Jun 06 2017, 9:06 am
sheep wrote:
he wants the supreme court to rule against him. So he can remain the anti establishment person who cares about the common man unlike these head in the sands liberals. He cant win in the SC anyway so next best thing is owning wanting to DO something about terror.
This will strengthen him politically with every terror attack.

This plays into the narrative of his absolute genius in manipulating the media and the world at large. I used to think he was capable of this. And while I fervently hoped he wouldn't be the nominee, once he was, I thought he was canny enough to made good on his promise of being so presidential, the most boring and winningest president ever. I hadn't realized how ingrained his ADHD is.

I hesitate to write that last sentence. I firmly believe that we have a chiyuv to show respect to the person holding this office. B"H we've never had a Caligula and it's unlikely there ever will be such a person in office, due to checks and balances. I'm just expressing my surprise at his behavior once in office. I guess I'm really naïve.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Jun 06 2017, 9:09 am
DrMom wrote:
His tweets vary in "quality," but I do find it hilarious how hysterical the mainstream media gets about them.

I guess they do not like someone communicating with the American public without their approval.

I had hoped that he would use Twitter more effectively. If at all.

Jeanette

Post Tue, Jun 06 2017, 10:03 am
DrMom wrote:

I know! Isn't it hysterical! It's even funnier when he does it to his own staff and upends their carefully crafted narrative.

I don't even care what happens to the country in the next 4 years, it's all worth it just to see liberal heads explode.

crust

Post Tue, Jun 06 2017, 10:08 am
Without discussing the content of his tweets, I think that it is not refined or aristocratic for a person in this position to tweet.
Maybe I'm old school.
Truth is, I'm not sure there's clientele for old fashioned aristocracy in The United States of America.
embarrassed
Page 2 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics