Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Camp Mommy educational things to do at home?

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 8:32 am
Not sure if this is really the right place to post my question, but it cant hurt
I'm doing a Mommy Camp for 2 of my kids aged 9 and 11 and hoping to teach them different things and get them more motivated to do things around the house. For example, want to spend time with them in the kitchen so they can make meals, want to teach them to do other household chores (usually its just easier if I do everything myself, bad chinuch but so busy usually !)
I also want to do projects that we can work on together, like try planting a few things or ... and this is where I'm drawing a blank. What else can I do ? (Not out of the house, I'm all set with museums and zoos and places to visit. Its the 'in house' time that I want to be enjoyable and a learning experience too...) Any ideas?

amother
Jetblack

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 8:57 am
You can look up different napkin setting options, polishing silver, vacuum and clean the car, wash toys in the bathtub, melt broken crayons and reform into new crayons, create scrapbooks from old memories or pictures ...have fun!

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 11:46 am
My sil did the lamed tes melochos with her kids. They incorporated outdoor and kitchen activities.

TwinsMommy

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 11:50 am
I've been doing piano with one of my kids. spin art was a big hit (my twins are 10). I'd also like to do tye dying this summer.

naomi2

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 2:10 pm
Plant and care for a vegetable garden, that's should be done now though . Do science experiments. Jigsaw puzzles. Have a lemonade stand or yard sale. Sand/stain wood furniture. Paint a room. Author and illustrate/photograph a book. Spring cleaning. Make giant soap bubbles with a small pool and rope.

mamaleh

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 2:27 pm
What about some diy home decor projects? If that's something that they might like, I might have some ideas. Also organizing, and maybe a yard sale.

Are they girls/boys? Some ideas might appeal more to one or the other.

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 7:39 pm
Fantastic, some handy suggestions here. thanks all!

cholenteater

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 7:55 pm
Check out the mommy Poppins site it has a bunch of ideas as well as free or cheap activities according to location! So you can look up your location and put it into your calander and have trip days too besides for museums and zoos, depending on your location. Also check out pinterest, many ideas on there!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics