Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Siyum nosh for 'yom shabbos' please help!

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 2:19 pm
My DD is having her first siyum in Chumash tomorrow, b"H. She is one of the girls who is supposed to bring a treat. The morah divided the girls into 'days' (siyum is on Perek Alef of beraishis). My DD picked Shabbos and wants a nosh that 'goes with' Shabbos. Any ideas??

Our first idea was grape juice but she decided that she doesn't want that.

Please help ASAP as we need to shop soon.

(School rules: nothing homemade, heimish hechsher, nut & peanut free)

Anon because we've been asking everyone irl.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 2:28 pm
Jelly fish

Or any nosh that can be called shabbos party nosh. Smile

OutATowner

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 2:44 pm
Anything grape flavored for kiddush if she doesn't want grape juice. But grape juice juicr boxes would be cute.

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 3:15 pm
Thanks! Problem with fish (or chicken lollys or flower candies) is that those really belong to various other days of creation.

The 2 ideas in that were in play were lollys (cause they look like candles) or spaghetti nosh (very thin licorice that comes in shorter pieces) - she would give each girl 3 (or 6) and they could make a challah. Now she's at the store with DH saying heart lollys cause we love Shabbos! (I actually like that idea)

What do you say?

Iymnok

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 4:07 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks! Problem with fish (or chicken lollys or flower candies) is that those really belong to various other days of creation.

The 2 ideas in that were in play were lollys (cause they look like candles) or spaghetti nosh (very thin licorice that comes in shorter pieces) - she would give each girl 3 (or 6) and they could make a challah. Now she's at the store with DH saying heart lollys cause we love Shabbos! (I actually like that idea)

What do you say?

That's so cute!

I like the braided licorice idea.

amother
Maroon

Post Sun, Jun 18 2017, 4:14 pm
Ok, here's what we did in the end. She got heart lollys and I made cute labels that say 'we ❤️שבת' but the ❤️ is a little heart lolly with a smiley (similar to the lolly wrappers) to put on each lolly.

She is very excited (and, yes, I know I'm nuts, but I actually enjoy these little extra creative projects😉 So it's a win win)

imachossid

Post Mon, Jun 19 2017, 4:46 am
So cute! I love the "we 💜 Shabbos!!!!"
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics