Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene
'Ah Gesheft' -a critics viewpoint lol.
1  2  Next

Tefila

Post Sun, Oct 07 2007, 4:05 pm
Whilst I will contend it is professionally done , the actors are terrific and there are times when one can laugh and cry, the sound effects and cars and background completley absorb you. ,

The concept though is not a realistic one, since the message isn't clear about how this boy turned out the way he did Confused .

Is it kosher well it depends who u ask? It is tznius in all aspects YES, It does not use language that we wouldn't want our kids to hear YES, However it is violent . Exclamation

Anyone-else saw it?

TzenaRena

Post Sun, Oct 07 2007, 4:09 pm
who is the producer?

greenfire

Post Sun, Oct 07 2007, 4:17 pm
what is it ... did I miss something What

Tefila

Post Sun, Oct 07 2007, 4:18 pm
Tzena it has only frum shomer actors spoken in yiddish with english and ivrit subtitles. I am not sure the producer made in Monsey I believe and has quite a few chassidshe guys aka long payos on there.

I have mixed feelings about it personally but imo if kids need to watch something with a toichendika ending let them watch this better then somethng like agent emes which glorisizes chutzpa shock

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Oct 07 2007, 4:25 pm
Where would I have seen it?

Tefila

Post Sun, Oct 07 2007, 6:43 pm
I bought it in Judaica world it's in a dvd form Confused

Mama Bear

Post Sun, Oct 07 2007, 7:44 pm
Eh - it has no moral, no Yidishe taam, and who would actually go ahead and kill a pregnant woman? It's way too violent. Didnt care for it.

yersp

Post Sun, Oct 07 2007, 8:20 pm
IMO, it was a very silly stupid movie. Absolutely no point whatsoever. Some scenes were good but other than that Puke

shlumzmum

Post Sun, Oct 07 2007, 8:47 pm
I saw it a looong time ago. defently not good for chinuch. was intresting to watch cuz dh knows some of the actors.
didn't like the whole idea of the story.

MrsLeo

Post Sun, Oct 07 2007, 11:49 pm
My husband worked on it just for the extra money and experience when he was a bocher. I watch a few parts that he worked on and the actors look very fake and the whole quality isnt professional.

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Oct 08 2007, 1:01 am
I know some of the actors too... one of them is my next door neighbor, in fact Very Happy. Aaron Mintz is a professional actor. I'm curious who the guy who played the main character is - he was amazing (the bad guy).

TzenaRena

Post Mon, Oct 08 2007, 1:36 am
Tefila wrote:
let them watch this better then somethng like agent emes which glorisizes chutzpa
ahh, I couldn't put my finger on what was bothering me about Agent E. I think you've identified it.

Tefila

Post Mon, Oct 08 2007, 2:19 am
On the other hand this talks about a murder and though no weapons were used a frightening call is what killed her and this bad guy had no remorse so perhaps this is worse. Confused

MrsLeo

Post Mon, Oct 08 2007, 11:17 am
Mama Bear wrote:
I know some of the actors too... one of them is my next door neighbor, in fact Very Happy. Aaron Mintz is a professional actor.

Cool, my husband knows him. He was in a few plays. De Zadene Hemedel, Lipa's Concert...

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Oct 08 2007, 11:18 am
Aaron was in the Miami Boys Choir presentations since 1992!

MrsLeo

Post Mon, Oct 08 2007, 11:20 am
Mama Bear wrote:
Aaron was in the Miami Boys Choir presentations since 1992!

Really? I didnt know that.

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Oct 08 2007, 11:28 am
Sure. He was a main actor in 1993, a significant actor in 1992, and a nice part in the Hasc MBC play.

shlumzmum

Post Mon, Oct 08 2007, 12:09 pm
MrsLeo wrote:
Mama Bear wrote:
I know some of the actors too... one of them is my next door neighbor, in fact Very Happy. Aaron Mintz is a professional actor.

Cool, my husband knows him. He was in a few plays. De Zadene Hemedel, Lipa's Concert...

De zadene hemedel is beautiful, watched it with ds, he loved it. dunno who this aaron is but I know "yachtsel"

MrsLeo

Post Mon, Oct 08 2007, 12:11 pm
shlumzmum wrote:
MrsLeo wrote:
Mama Bear wrote:

De zadene hemedel is beautiful, watched it with ds, he loved it. dunno who this aaron is but I know "yachtsel"

lol, if you liked De zadene hemedel, there is another play out now, Graf Patatsky. My husband did the editing for it, check it out.

shlumzmum

Post Mon, Oct 08 2007, 12:18 pm
th zadene hemdel I saw on a webiste (tzofar) didnt think it was a nice thing to do, to post a selling movie on a website so we bought it

where can I get Graf Patatsky? how new is it?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics