Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Nursing shells?

queenert

Post Sat, Jul 22 2017, 11:20 pm
Are there any brands that sell shells that work for nursing?
I've seen nursing tanks but I'd love something that covers the neck and/or has sleeves.
I've worn shells + tanks in the winter but it's too hot in the summer to do that...

juggling

Post Sun, Jul 23 2017, 12:01 am
You want to be able to pull your shirt up and leave your tummy covered, right? But still have the shell cover your neckline, too, so you can wear open-cut tops? I have cut slits into shells and made them into "nursing" shells. Works okay. I used to have a crew-neck nursing t-shirt that I got at motherhood years ago, but that style doesn't seem to be popular anymore. In any case, it was rather bulky as an undershirt.

queenert

Post Sun, Jul 23 2017, 12:11 am
juggling wrote:
You want to be able to pull your shirt up and leave your tummy covered, right? But still have the shell cover your neckline, too, so you can wear open-cut tops? I have cut slits into shells and made them into "nursing" shells. Works okay. I used to have a crew-neck nursing t-shirt that I got at motherhood years ago, but that style doesn't seem to be popular anymore. In any case, it was rather bulky as an undershirt.

Exactly.
I asked one company and they told me they have crop shells. Not sure how that helps anyone!
Did the material stretch when you cut it? Or sag?

Smile1234

Post Sun, Jul 23 2017, 3:39 am
This is one of those things I dream about inventing. Then I heard about a store in Jerusalem selling nursing shells - in Birthlite. Never had a chance to go check them out, but from the description that's not what I was looking for.

I always wear p b and j and I'd like them to make a nursing line.

juggling

Post Sun, Jul 23 2017, 4:05 am
queenert wrote:
Exactly.
I asked one company and they told me they have crop shells. Not sure how that helps anyone!
Did the material stretch when you cut it? Or sagt?

I deliberately chose an old shell, that I didn't mind ruining. It didn't stretch it out, really, but, again, it was old to begin with.

It actually really might work to use a new one, and plan to wear it for the time you are nursing, only. (We buy nursing bras, tanks, etc. This is an investment in a garment that will make your life easier for the duration of nursing. If you don't use it again after, not a big deal.)

kb

Post Sun, Jul 23 2017, 4:16 am
Latched mama has something.
The neckline isn't great, but it's a start.

So does gap, but the sleeveless isn't in stock. They have a long sleeve one though.

Smile1234

Post Sun, Jul 23 2017, 4:20 am
kb wrote:
Latched mama has something.
The neckline isn't great, but it's a start.

So does gap, but the sleeveless isn't in stock. They have a long sleeve one though.

The reason I like the pbj shells is because the neckline is good. But I'll check out those 2 sites and see what I find.

amother
Periwinkle

Post Sun, Jul 23 2017, 8:14 am
I used to pull my shell up and my outer shirt down to nurse. That way I was covered and my shirt had a lower neckline anyway.
Anon because people knew I did this.

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, Jul 23 2017, 8:20 am
amother wrote:
I used to pull my shell up and my outer shirt down to nurse. That way I was covered and my shirt had a lower neckline anyway.
Anon because people knew I did this.

How does that work wirh an older baby/young toddler?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jul 23 2017, 8:27 am
Can you buy a shell you like and have the dressmaker convert it for you?

juggling

Post Sun, Jul 23 2017, 9:27 am
amother wrote:
How does that work wirh an older baby/young toddler?

Why not?. The dynamic is the same.

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Jul 24 2017, 7:25 am
I wear a full slip and then a cropped shell so I just pick up the shell & shlep down the top part of slip a little & am fully covered.
I recently bought a full sleeved shell in 'My self' which is specifically for nursing with a zipper on each side. you can check if they have it in only shell version or cut the bottom off if you don't need the slip.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics