Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Footless fleece-lined tights....arghhhh

WhatFor

Post Sun, Nov 05 2017, 3:35 pm
Ladies, has this ever happened to you? The temperatures are dipping, your legs are freezing, and so you reach for your favorite pair of cozy, fleece-lined tights only to realize that there was EXTRA MATERIAL that served to cover your actual foot.

"Darn", you mutter to yourself. "If only these cozy tights had less material so that my feet and toes could be exposed while I fortify the rest of my body against this biting cold."

No? Me neither.

My feet are always the coldest part of my body. If I'm buying fleece-lined tights, that means that it's cold outside. If it's cold enough that I'm covering my legs, I'm definitely covering my feet as well. A couple of times I've bought tights (not even fleece-lined) only to come home and discover that they were footless. I'm griping right now only because I just spent some time looking through rows of footless tights and couldn't find a single pair without actual feet. I know I can order them online, if I'm so inclined, so that's not what this is about.

At this point I'm curious: Are you voluntarily buying footless fleece-lined tights? Why? If you have to wear heels at work, for example, I think it would look weirder to have footless fleece-lined tights and then just heels. Alternatively, if you're doing it to wear with a warmer pair of socks, wouldn't you prefer to wear socks over the tights for more layers? Do you walk around on heated floors? I honestly don't get this. Please explain yourselves.

cm

Post Sun, Nov 05 2017, 3:50 pm
Footless fleece-lined tights are handy to wear with socks and boots in chilly weather. Footed fleece-lined tights are often too short for my legs.

Some people wear leggings (I include fleece-lined footless tights in this category) with a short dress and flats. It's a certain look. Footless tights are not generally worn with heels.

The different types of tights (IME) are labeled, but we have all picked up the wrong item in the store every now and then. It happens.

LovesHashem

Post Sun, Nov 05 2017, 4:03 pm
I prefer having "footless tights" ahem, fleece leggings with fuzzy socks. Some days I want thinner socks and other days, thicker. In general I don't like tights. I wear shorts with knee highs in the summer.

At time I do like fleece tights, but I prefer leggings. Not sure why, maybe I like the fact that my socks are a secret rainbow no one can see? I don't know anymore.

In any case, if ANYONE knows where to find good fleece leggings or tights in Israel PLEASE let me know. I'm sick of the stuff they sell on yaffo and Osher Ad that rip is seconds, but I don't want to spend 80 shekel on a pair of leggings. Well...if you can claim they are really good quality and won't rip, perhaps I will

carrot

Post Sun, Nov 05 2017, 4:14 pm
My feet get sweaty in synthetic fabrics. I like being able to keep them warm in cotton socks that are also breathable.

seeker

Post Sun, Nov 05 2017, 5:01 pm
I'm not sure I followed what the OP was trying to express... but I find that the fleece tights with feet usually have an awful seam at the toes, so I'm more comfortable wearing the footless type (which I consider leggings) with my regular comfortable socks.

juggling

Post Sun, Nov 05 2017, 5:06 pm
I wear fleece footless tights with fuzzy boots (uggs) and no socks! So comfy!

I love the ones from osher ad etc! And never had them rip. Oh, well...

LovesHashem

Post Sun, Nov 05 2017, 5:17 pm
They also fall down ALL THE TIME.

juggling

Post Sun, Nov 05 2017, 5:23 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
They also fall down ALL THE TIME.

Maybe you're thinner than me?
To be honest I can't remember where I bought previous years' batches. They were definitely cheap, and comfy, sturdy, and a good fit. I just bought a bunch of pairs from osher ad, for cheaper than I remember them ever being.
But they do look a little different from the old ones, and I have not tried them on yet (not exactly tights weather yet).

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Nov 05 2017, 5:27 pm
I actually by footless fleece lined tights because I like to wear cotton socks on my feet so they do t sweat. I wear footless tights when I wear boots or booties. So OP, there are people that prefer footless

LovesHashem

Post Sun, Nov 05 2017, 5:38 pm
juggling wrote:
Maybe you're thinner than me?
To be honest I can't remember where I bought previous years' batches. They were definitely cheap, and comfy, sturdy, and a good fit. I just bought a bunch of pairs from osher ad, for cheaper than I remember them ever being.
But they do look a little different from the old ones, and I have not tried them on yet (not exactly tights weather yet).

I'm the largest size...so not thinner.

SixOfWands

Post Sun, Nov 05 2017, 9:17 pm
WhatFor wrote:
Ladies, has this ever happened to you? The temperatures are dipping, your legs are freezing, and so you reach for your favorite pair of cozy, fleece-lined tights only to realize that there was EXTRA MATERIAL that served to cover your actual foot.

"Darn", you mutter to yourself. "If only these cozy tights had less material so that my feet and toes could be exposed while I fortify the rest of my body against this biting cold."

No? Me neither.

My feet are always the coldest part of my body. If I'm buying fleece-lined tights, that means that it's cold outside. If it's cold enough that I'm covering my legs, I'm definitely covering my feet as well. A couple of times I've bought tights (not even fleece-lined) only to come home and discover that they were footless. I'm griping right now only because I just spent some time looking through rows of footless tights and couldn't find a single pair without actual feet. I know I can order them online, if I'm so inclined, so that's not what this is about.

At this point I'm curious: Are you voluntarily buying footless fleece-lined tights? Why? If you have to wear heels at work, for example, I think it would look weirder to have footless fleece-lined tights and then just heels. Alternatively, if you're doing it to wear with a warmer pair of socks, wouldn't you prefer to wear socks over the tights for more layers? Do you walk around on heated floors? I honestly don't get this. Please explain yourselves.

The look right now is to have a break between your pants/leggings and your shoes. So fashion wise, it makes perfect sense. And if you're wearing boots, just wear socks.

That said, Target carries fleece lined tights.

https://www.target.com/p/women.....07722

Its still warm here, so no idea if they're any good.

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Nov 05 2017, 10:01 pm
I prefer leggings or footless tights with socks, because the foot gets all twisted around with tights and it bothers me. This way there's more control.

mommy3b2c

Post Sun, Nov 05 2017, 10:40 pm
You can wear them with uggs and no socks.

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Nov 05 2017, 10:44 pm
Bizzydizzymommy wrote:
I actually by footless fleece lined tights because I like to wear cotton socks on my feet so they do t sweat. I wear footless tights when I wear boots or booties. So OP, there are people that prefer footless

But aren't your toes cold in plain boots? unless you have them uggs. my boots don't keep my toes warm.

hila

Post Mon, Nov 06 2017, 12:04 am
For the Israelis...wait a week or two. Marks and Spencers usually have free shipping to Israel about this time of year. They have great 60 denier (and 80) - usually 3 pairs for 5 pounds. Great quality.

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Nov 06 2017, 2:11 am
I'd probably have to pay tax....
But will look into it.

cinnamon

Post Mon, Nov 06 2017, 2:33 am
hila wrote:
For the Israelis...wait a week or two. Marks and Spencers usually have free shipping to Israel about this time of year. They have great 60 denier (and 80) - usually 3 pairs for 5 pounds. Great quality.

Cool thank!
Two years ago I baught really good ones in bazaar shtraus, there still in pretty good shape. I don't think I found them last year. It's worth a look though.

LovesHashem

Post Mon, Nov 06 2017, 9:27 am
Hmmm not sure. I'll have a look around. I was told Forever 21 and H&M in Malcha have good non fleece leggings. I'm hoping they'll have fleece too.

allcuteonesrtak

Post Mon, Nov 06 2017, 3:50 pm
I've purchased fleece lined FULL tights. They exist!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics