Home

The great winter soup recipe collection
1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Soup

View latest: 24h 48h 72h


tsc3




 
 
 


Post  Tue, Nov 21 2017, 10:14 am
Title says it all. Please post your go to winter soup recipe.
Thanks!
Back to top

momof2+?




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Nov 22 2017, 12:24 am
I'm going to get this thread going bec. I love soups and I'm looking forward to new recipes.

This is going to sound a bit crazy but this is what I did yesterday and it was YUM!
Cut butternut squash in half lengthwise, spray 9x13 with Pam and place face down in pan. Bake in oven until soft. (an hr?)
Saute an onion in a pot. (Doesn't matter how you cut it bec. will eventually use immersion blender.)
when golden,soft scoop out squash from skin and add to pot and add water to cover. add some garlic powder, salt, pepper.
optional sprinkle some cinnamon.
Let it cook up and then blend!
you can add as much/little water as you want to get your fav. consistency.
So sweet and creamy!
Back to top

tichellady




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Nov 22 2017, 12:33 am
I don’t follow recipes but here are some soups I made lately: carrot ginger, split pea, zucchini potato leek, chunky vegetable with turmeric, leeks and lemon zest, spinach lentil, cream of brocolli, butternut squash with sage and coconut milk
Back to top

tigerwife




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Nov 22 2017, 1:17 am
momof2+? wrote:
I'm going to get this thread going bec. I love soups and I'm looking forward to new recipes.

This is going to sound a bit crazy but this is what I did yesterday and it was YUM!
Cut butternut squash in half lengthwise, spray 9x13 with Pam and place face down in pan. Bake in oven until soft. (an hr?)
Saute an onion in a pot. (Doesn't matter how you cut it bec. will eventually use immersion blender.)
when golden,soft scoop out squash from skin and add to pot and add water to cover. add some garlic powder, salt, pepper.
optional sprinkle some cinnamon.
Let it cook up and then blend!
you can add as much/little water as you want to get your fav. consistency.
So sweet and creamy!


I do something very similar to this and add other orange vegetables such as carrots and sweet potatoes, pumpkin if I have and some zucchini for creaminess. Only the butternut squash gets roasted, the rest I sauté after the onions brown.

I don't use cinnamon but may add some red pepper flakes in addition to salt, garlic and black pepper.
Back to top

abound




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Nov 22 2017, 5:32 am
how does the taste differ than if you just cut up the butternut squash raw and put it into cook as the soup without baking it first?
Back to top

tsc3




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Nov 22 2017, 6:51 am
Okay I'll add a recipe too.
Come on ladies I want lots of recipes please!

Easy delicious onion soup:
4-6 onions cut into circles (I cut into half circles)
Oil for sautéing
2 tbsp brown sugar
1/8 cup flour
Salt
Pepper
Onion soup mix (I don't use soup mix)
¼ cup red wine
5 tbsp soy sauce

Sauté the onions in oil and brown sugar. Add flour and all other ingredients. Cover with boiling water. Cook med-high for 45 minutes-an hour.

Enjoy!
Back to top

tsc3




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Nov 22 2017, 6:51 am
abound wrote:
how does the taste differ than if you just cut up the butternut squash raw and put it into cook as the soup without baking it first?


I was wondering that too.
Back to top

bsy




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Nov 22 2017, 7:02 am
tsc3 wrote:
I was wondering that too.


I do it for ease. I can't cut a butternut squash to save my life. I rosat it whole for a long time and then scoop it out and add to pot. Very easy.
Back to top

Moonlight




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Nov 22 2017, 7:44 am
My friend has a recipe she calls Winter Soup. It is butternut squash, onions, and apples all sautéed, boiled, and pureed. I don't have an exact recipe
Back to top

allthingsblue




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Nov 22 2017, 7:59 am
Garlic Zucchini
Zucchini asparagus
Vegetable
Back to top

smileyfaces




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Nov 22 2017, 8:04 am
Yum thanks for the ideas. I’m going to try butternut squash.
Soups currently in my freezer:
Split pea
Broccoli
lentil (for the parsha)
Back to top

HeartyAppetite




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Nov 22 2017, 10:30 am
Cream of chicken
Tarragon squash soup - delicious
Flanken soup
Brocolli soup
Blended vegetable soup with chunks of vegetables - you Blend the soup then sauté some vegetables and add it into the soup - really good!
Back to top

HeartyAppetite




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Nov 22 2017, 10:32 am
Oh! I just remembered. I also have a delicious smoked turkey soup! I made it Yom Tov and got rave reviews about it. Let me know if anyone wants the recipe.
Back to top

bookie




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Nov 22 2017, 10:33 am
HeartyAppetite wrote:
Cream of chicken
Tarragon squash soup - delicious
Flanken soup
Brocolli soup
Blended vegetable soup with chunks of vegetables - you Blend the soup then sauté some vegetables and add it into the soup - really good!


can I have recipe for the flanken soup? thanks
Back to top

HeartyAppetite




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Nov 22 2017, 10:34 am
bookie wrote:
can I have recipe for the flanken soup? thanks

Sure, when I get a chance I will type it up.
Back to top

crystal




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Nov 22 2017, 10:36 am
HeartyAppetite wrote:
Oh! I just remembered. I also have a delicious smoked turkey soup! I made it Yom Tov and got rave reviews about it. Let me know if anyone wants the recipe.


I'd love to try that, can you post the recipe?
Back to top

HeartyAppetite




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Nov 22 2017, 10:43 am
Flanken Soup:

Ingredients:
1 Tbl oil
1 large onion diced
head of garlic chopped,
4 large carrots diced,
handful of parsley,
fresh dill,
1 squash diced,
2 plum tomatoes cubed,
2 stalks celery sliced,
2 parsnips peeled and diced,
1 tsp salt,
1 tsp black pepper,
3/4 tsp paprika,
2 Tbl beef soup mix,
16 - 18 cups water
1 1/2 lb flanken (I use much more)
1 cup barley (I omit the barley- picky eaters...)

In 8 at pot sauté onion and garlic. Put parsley dill and half of the carrots in a mesh bag. Stir in remaining veg. And cover with water. Bring to boil, lower and let simmer 25 min. Blend soup and add the 1/2 of carrots. Add flanken and let simmer 2-3 hours. Add barley during last half hour, stirring occasionally.


Last edited by HeartyAppetite on Wed, Nov 22 2017, 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top

HeartyAppetite




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Nov 22 2017, 10:45 am
Smoked Turkey Soup:

2 lg onions
10 cloves garlic
2 lg squash
4 potatoes - (You could use less)
1 bag navy beans
Salt and pepper
2 Tbl chicken soup mix
Paprika
1 smoked turkey drumstick. - (it comes vacuum packed by Meal Mart or Arrons.)

Sauté onion and garlic till golden. Add rest. Cover with water. Bring to a boil and let it simmer 2 hours. Remove turkey. Blend soup. Shred turkey and place back into soup.
Back to top

mha3484




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Nov 22 2017, 10:48 am
Sounds really strange but it was actually good, tomato soup and cheese matzo balls. It was on kosher.com. DH and I really liked it. Turns out my kids really are not soup fans bummer.
Back to top

HeartyAppetite




 
 
 


Post  Wed, Nov 22 2017, 10:50 am
allthingsblue wrote:
Garlic Zucchini
Zucchini asparagus
Vegetable


Could I have the recipe for the zucchini asparagus, please?
Back to top
1, 2  Next Recent Topics

Page 1 of 2 View latest: 24h 48h 72h


Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Soup

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Vegetable soup broth in BP? 5 Yesterday at 8:47 am View last post
Great Online Developing 2 Thu, Dec 12 2019, 1:17 pm View last post
Pizza ball recipe 3 Wed, Dec 11 2019, 1:01 pm View last post
Good ice coffe recipe w/out ice cream
by caza
11 Wed, Dec 11 2019, 7:07 am View last post
Winter tv recs
by amother
5 Tue, Dec 10 2019, 11:05 pm View last post

Jump to: