Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Blistery Bumps

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Nov 28 2017, 1:01 pm
I noticed a couple of days ago that my son had 3 bumps on his chest. I thought they were mosquito (or some other) bites. The next morning, I noticed they'd formed what looked like scabbed over blisters, and there were some on his upper legs as well. Tonight I saw the scabs still on his chest and leg, and some new bumps on his leg. Hi has small bumps on his tush as well, that may or may not be the same thing. I asked him if they hurt or itch and he said the new one on his leg itches (just a bump right now). He's 3 years old. Should I take him to the doctor in the morning? Does anyone have a clue what this might be? I'm getting nervous...

rydys

Post Tue, Nov 28 2017, 1:07 pm
? chicken pox

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Nov 28 2017, 1:15 pm
I think chicken pox may be going around. My (vaccinated!) toddler has it and may have exposed others before we found out what it was Sad

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Nov 28 2017, 1:25 pm
Interesting. He is vaccinated, too, so I didn't think it could be that, but I actually think I remember hearing that kids with the vaccination could get a milder case. Which would explain why he doesn't seem all that uncomfortable. That would actually be a much easier cause than all the things I was worrying about! Should I still take him to the doctor, or see if it gets better on its own?

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Nov 28 2017, 2:33 pm
amother wrote:
Interesting. He is vaccinated, too, so I didn't think it could be that, but I actually think I remember hearing that kids with the vaccination could get a milder case. Which would explain why he doesn't seem all that uncomfortable. That would actually be a much easier cause than all the things I was worrying about! Should I still take him to the doctor, or see if it gets better on its own?

Definitely a mild case here, fewer than 10 blisters. Initially told diaper rash/possible latex allergy based on where it started, and before any blisters showed up, so I was still thinking hives until I spotted the first blister.

Can you call the doctor? It may be they prefer a particular time with fewer babies in the waiting area, or they may just say to keep him home altogether and what to watch for.

newmother

Post Tue, Nov 28 2017, 4:17 pm
It could be molluscum which is annoying and contagious but pretty harmless
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics