Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Throwing up from congestion - tips??

thnkuHashem2146

Post Thu, Nov 30 2017, 8:13 pm
Hi,
So my husband caught strept this past weekend, got antibiotics Sunday and has been recovering since. Monday morning my 15 month old threw up a few times, had a fever, runny nose/cough, and was very out of it/tired, and slept most of the morning. When I called the doctor to find out if I should bring him in because my husband has strept I was told that they don't treat strept under 3 because there's no risk of rheumatic fever at that age so they just let it run its course (I'm happy to see the other thread where other mothers are talking about the same thing - because this was the first I heard of it). Over the past few days he's been getting his appetite back, been able to keep down food for the most part, got a lot of his energy back, etc. However, he's still pretty congested and has a strong dry cough. The problem is that any time he cries (think, going down to sleep or for a nap)after just a little bit he starts getting even more congested and coughing and then, a few times already, throws up. At this point it seems to be just from congestion, not an upset stomach, but I've had enough of him throwing up (I haven't been letting him cry much because of it, but he threw up again tonight so here I am). Is there anything I can do to help him? I've been giving him tylenol and I have a humidifier in his room now (that seems to help somewhat), but do you have any other ideas?
Thanks

amother
Salmon

Post Fri, Dec 01 2017, 8:43 am
Many doctors do treat strep under 3. My daughter had scarlet fever under 3 (also caused by strep). Call yoru doctor when you get a chance. Strep itself is quite unlikely in children under 2 in general though. Try saline drops in the nose every few hours.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics