Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Son is sensitive

Tila

Post Tue, Oct 23 2007, 12:34 pm
My son just turned 7. He has a hard time expressing his feelings approprietly. There are two boys in his class that are forever teasing him, and he reponds according to school staff immaturely. These two boys recently told him that they told all the boys not to go to his bd celebration (which turned out fine with out those two boys). Well, he cried bitterly. Today I happened to be at his school helping with class pix, and he was at his table doing lunch, and one of the boys grabbed his "koolaide" H20. I heard him screaming, but only to see the issue was taken care of by the VP. I know those boys and they are so mean spirited. how do I handle my son's sensitivety and those hulligans???

e1234

Post Tue, Oct 23 2007, 1:43 pm
I have similar issues - my son is also 7.
He was being picked on last year and the result was he was coming home and beating up his sisters... He still comes home completely frustrated and lets it all out on home. what I was advised and what I'm trying is to just ignore what I can and just work on building up his self esteem -- as it is all caused by a low self esteem...

good luck

amother

Post Tue, Oct 23 2007, 11:00 pm
your son doesnt sound sensitive. hes hurt because those boys are so mean. frist of all speak to thier parents second u can teach ure son that it doesnt mean theres anything wrong with him.... etc they are just mean and he doesnt have to be friends with them and that u like him just the way he is

Clarissa

Post Tue, Oct 23 2007, 11:15 pm
The problem isn't your son, it's the bullies. Or, to be specifically, it's what the school isn't doing about the bullies. Talk to your son's teacher and see if they can help at all. If you need to, talk to the principal. I think the first thing is to go through the school, before you involve other parents.

It's terrible to have a situation where your kid is being bullied.

Mitzvahmom

Post Tue, Oct 23 2007, 11:17 pm
my son is sensitive also..

They resolved this issue by doing grade building tech.. I do not know exactly what was done, but I think the made sure the class saw themselves as a team that has to look out for each other

Made a HUGE difference..

Lechatchila Ariber

Post Wed, Oct 24 2007, 12:37 am
I agree with what everyone said about the bullies. It sounds like classic bullying to me and the teacher telling you he responds imaturely sounds like a cop-out of dealing with the situation.

You must be your child's advocate and over-sensitive or not (he may be, I don't know) you must make sure they school does not allow the bullying to persist.

Tila

Post Wed, Oct 24 2007, 4:22 pm
I agree with you all!! My eldest son had an issue in the same school with a MAJOR bulling issue. Now that my youngest has a similar issue I can imagine the school rolling thier eyes and saying "OI those cohen boys...such cry babies!!". One of the bullies has an older brother that has behavioral issues, and spends the whole day with our Vp, or theoffice. I got a call from the mom telling me not to get the school involved cuz she has enouhg tzurus with her eldest. The other kid went thro the hospital program (a very intense clss room type setting dealing with anger and psych issues), and at the time I was BFF(to quote my 9 yr old daughter) wit the mom. I cried with herand listened to her issues about this kid. He is back in the reg school setting only to be told by her that my child has to learn to deal with his issues. Other families in the school requested that their boys not be p[laced in hthe samer class with him. Had I know this I would have made the request too. I not friends with the mom anymore. The social worker is on top of it, but not enough for my likikng.

Lechatchila Ariber

Post Wed, Oct 24 2007, 5:28 pm
wait, let me get this straight........

you were asked by the mother of the bully...to let it ride and get your son to put up with it, because SHE couldn't handle the pressure???????????????
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children