Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Does anyone else hate going on a vacation?
1  2  Next

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Jan 01 2018, 7:43 pm
Am I the only one?

There are parts that are really enjoyable 9f course BUT it's also so so stressful... Just to get my all my 3 kids organized occupied happy and the packing unpacking and all that and then my husband gets nervous when I'm not always ready to leave ect what on earth is so so enjoyable let me just stay home and at least enjoy the few hours I have to myself every night after I put the kids to sleep...

cnc

Post Mon, Jan 01 2018, 7:44 pm
Going away with kids is not (called) a vacation in my book.

gold21

Post Mon, Jan 01 2018, 7:44 pm
Ha yeah, l avoid going away at all costs

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Jan 01 2018, 7:46 pm
Ok so what do you all mean when pple write they do depressed they not going away?

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Jan 01 2018, 7:53 pm
Also have no interest in going on vacation. Would rather have the money spent on someone to clean my house. And buy ready food.

tichellady

Post Mon, Jan 01 2018, 7:58 pm
Can’t relate. I love vacation! But I don’t have kids. I could understand not enjoying traveling with little kids

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Jan 01 2018, 8:00 pm
cnc wrote:
Going away with kids is not (called) a vacation in my book.

Agree. Going away with kids is a family outing. The only vacation I enjoy is with adults, ex. My DH, My Sis, My Friend or just by myself.

A family outing is nice but not relaxing. I am happy to see my kids having a good time but I yearn to get back home and to routine. The parents need to take a separate vacation WITHOUT kids and then you could call it a vacation.

chocolatecake

Post Mon, Jan 01 2018, 8:03 pm
Going away with three little kids is not a vacation its going away. My personal best days are when dh is at work kids are at babysitter\school and I take the day off and sleep in order takeout and do some shopping all by myself...and I dont do those kind of days anywhere near as often as I should.

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Jan 01 2018, 8:05 pm
If you read other posts its the fact that we CANT go that makes us depressed. We WANT to try it out. And please you love complaining how its such a drag but really on some level you want to go. Otherwise you wouldnt go.
Forget it. I shouldnt have opened this thread. This reminds me of that thread a few weeks ago "waa waa its so hard to be rich and have to hire all that staff".

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Jan 01 2018, 8:12 pm
amother wrote:
If you read other posts its the fact that we CANT go that makes us depressed. We WANT to try it out. And please you love complaining how its such a drag but really on some level you want to go. Otherwise you wouldnt go.
Forget it. I shouldnt have opened this thread. This reminds me of that thread a few weeks ago "waa waa its so hard to be rich and have to hire all that staff".

I don't understand what you are trying to say. I don't like going on vacation so I never do. I don't go on vacation.

amother
Red

Post Mon, Jan 01 2018, 8:16 pm
I used to think like you and we never went anywhere. My dh was disappointed but he gave up. Then we moved out of town and took a road trip to visit family and I actually really enjoyed myself! There's something to going places where you don't know anyone, seeing things you don't usually see, doing things you wouldn't necessarily usually do.

Yes packing and unpacking is annoying and I take waaaay too long to do both but I still enjoy going away.

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Jan 01 2018, 8:20 pm
amother wrote:
I used to think like you and we never went anywhere. My dh was disappointed but he gave up. Then we moved out of town and took a road trip to visit family and I actually really enjoyed myself! There's something to going places where you don't know anyone, seeing things you don't usually see, doing things you wouldn't necessarily usually do.

Yes packing and unpacking is annoying and I take waaaay too long to do both but I still enjoy going away.

It's so not worth the energy for the amount of enjoyment, for me.

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Jan 01 2018, 8:20 pm
My husband hates going on vacation. I have to beg him to go.

On the other hand, sometimes we go for the weekend to a hotel with a bunch of his friends and that he loves...

amother
Black

Post Mon, Jan 01 2018, 8:28 pm
Hate vacation. Never went on vacation u until I was married. I only go because my dh insists.

I need my routine I have adhd. Especially now with kids having a cleaning lady is more important abs restful. But my dh needs it

pause

Post Mon, Jan 01 2018, 8:41 pm
I love vacation! Adults only.

Going on a trip with kids is a major hassle, but we do it for their sake, to create memories. We've done some really awesome trips that my kids talk about years later, and that's what gives us the push to keep doing it even if it's stressful and exhausting for us.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Jan 01 2018, 11:33 pm
I'm the OP of the other thread and when I wrote "vacation" I meant a real one, with my husband only and without the kids. I even mentioned that one of my issues are where to leave them, should I have the means to go !

saw50st8

Post Tue, Jan 02 2018, 7:45 am
It's ok if you don't enjoy it. It's not necessary to go. You may find as your kids get older you do enjoy it.

I happen to love traveling with my kids. But they have my genes so....

ruchelbuckle

Post Tue, Jan 02 2018, 6:05 pm
Hate is a strong word. I can’t say I “hate” vacations,but I’ve come to realize that vacation-type-overnight-trips are not really worth the time and money at this point in my life. We went to NH, VT, and Cape Cod the past few summers. Between all the packing of the food, the minimum cooking supplies, the gear for the kids.... etc... it was extremely time consuming and a lot of work.
Then, once we got to our destination, we drove ourselves crazy trying to come up with activities that were feasible for everyone involved, (or come up With compromises)plus keeping in mind a nap schedule, a davening schedule, an eating schedule, etc.....
I am taking a break from these “vacations” for a few years. I’d rather stay at home and rent a second car for a few days so we can split up: my husband can take the little kids on a day trip to Place X, I take the big kids to place Y. Come home, have dinner, sleep in our own beds, and repeat.

Growing up— even though I am from a background where we had plenty of extras-/ we never went on family vacations. I think it was too hard too coordinate vacation times, etc, plus my parents knew that their idea of “fun” was not interesting to the kids. When we were older (preteen and up) my mom would take us on 2-3 day trips.... I still remember going to Newport RI and West Point NY.

Now, A caveat: I now have lots of relatives in South Florida that I can visit during the winter. However, all of these people are on the older side and aren’t necessarily interested in hosting my whole nuclear family in one shot. I am taking my “bookends” for a few days soon, and my husband will take some middle kids President day weekend. A trip to visit relatives doesn’t involve as much packing up and shlepping, as our grandparents live near Kosher grocery stores, we can use the kitchen, etc...... plus they keep pack and plays, cots, etc... in their storage shed.

naomi2

Post Tue, Jan 02 2018, 6:53 pm
Yes me!

Ruchel

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 5:13 am
We love it.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics