Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Strangest thing that I found while organizing
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

southernbubby

Post Tue, Jan 02 2018, 11:13 pm
Jewishfoodie wrote:
I have not. That's truly hysterical! Kiddush on prune juice and the works?

well everyone comes with an attendant. I think it started about 70 years ago when the congregation was young and then they got old but didn't change the name of the shul. Prune Juice, thanks for reminding me, great to have on hand for Pesach.

southernbubby

Post Tue, Jan 02 2018, 11:15 pm
Jewishfoodie wrote:
Because that's what you are. The fact that you can sing the oldies just means you have an appreciation for good music.

They love this:

Jewishfoodie

Post Tue, Jan 02 2018, 11:36 pm
Rolling Laughter
And you sing this? I was thinking "Betty Lou got a new pair of shoes" or, "the name game" or something from a blues album. This is truly ancient!

southernbubby

Post Tue, Jan 02 2018, 11:41 pm
Jewishfoodie wrote:
Rolling Laughter
And you sing this? I was thinking "Betty Lou got a new pair of shoes" or, "the name game" or something from a blues album. This is truly ancient!

yeah, some of it predates the memory of these people. They can remember old songs but not what they ate an hour ago.

BayMom

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 8:28 am
Thank you for the chuckles, JewishFoodie and SouthernBubby. Good note to start my day on.

Jewishfoodie

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 9:01 am
I didn't mean to derail your original post, youngsouthernbubby, so, in response to your question, the strangest thing I found while cleaning was a calligraphy pen with an entire set of ink tubes. I asked everyone in my house if they ever got it, used it, or bought it. Nope, no one. Ever. Weird.

Jewishfoodie

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 9:17 am
Oh! Did YOU put it there, southernbubby?! Is that how they wrote in the 1800s when u got married?

southernbubby

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 9:19 am
Jewishfoodie wrote:
Oh! Did YOU put it there, southernbubby?! Is that how they wrote in the 1800s when u got married?

It had to have been me that put it there because it was in a very high cupboard and when I got married, Manishevitz was the rage among all the housewives because gefilte fish would never have to swim in the bathtub again, prior to cooking.

Jewishfoodie

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 9:27 am
Adler! I remember those jars! Haha! Memories..

southernbubby

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 9:54 am
Jewishfoodie wrote:
Adler! I remember those jars! Haha! Memories..

and Maxwell House hagaddahs

Jewishfoodie

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 10:31 am
And the glass yartzeit lecht that became drinking glasses! Lol! And the sewing box made out of a repurposed cigar box..

rgr

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 11:39 am
Imamother is great because it has this awesome feature called the PM button LOL

Jewishfoodie

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 12:04 pm
rgr wrote:

What makes it even better is that sometimes I get to read a public thread that's lighthearted, humorous, engaging, and doesn't involve suicide, homosexuality, and homicidal husbands. There's also this awesome thing on IMAMOTHER that when a thread doesn't interest you, you can ignore it. I for one, enjoy SouthernBubby and if even one person smiled at her posts or responses to it, it was a post worth seeing. But if you'd like me to shut up, I will do that, to make you happy. Salut

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 12:07 pm
the pm post made me chuckle but southernbubby started this thread so she's free to engage in a derailment of it Wink

southernbubby

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 12:09 pm
Jewishfoodie wrote:
And the glass yartzeit lecht that became drinking glasses! Lol! And the sewing box made out of a repurposed cigar box..

as well as jelly jar drinking glasses, and those towels and dishes that came in Duz detergent, S and H green stamps, and the milk man

southernbubby

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 12:11 pm
amother wrote:
the pm post made me chuckle but southernbubby started this thread so she's free to engage in a derailment of it Wink

yep those golden oldies.
Check out this one:

Iymnok

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 12:12 pm
rgr wrote:

Apparently no one else finds anything strange while organizing.
Or they don't organize.
Or they don't find things.
Or they aren't old enough to have accumulated strange things.
Or they just can't find the courage to enter a conversation when they aren't near old enough to argue their status as a bubbly
Or
Or
Or

Cool

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 12:15 pm
southernbubby wrote:
as well as jelly jar drinking glasses, and those towels and dishes that came in Duz detergent, S and H green stamps, and the milk man

Do u remember the prizes in Cracker Jack's? I made my parents crazy! I would get a stupid magnifying glass and I was the happiest kid in the world!

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 12:19 pm
And, southernbubby and Jewishfoodie, this thread DID make me smile, and bring back memories! So keep at it! Oh! And RC cola! And that song, plop, plop, fizz fizz! My kids think I lived in the dark ages!

crust

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 12:24 pm
amother wrote:
And, southernbubby and Jewishfoodie, this thread DID make me smile, and bring back memories! So keep at it! Oh! And RC cola! And that song, plop, plop, fizz fizz! My kids think I lived in the dark ages!

Made me smile also!
I am from a different world though so nothing to add but I still enjoy reading it.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics