Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Poconos yeshiva week Montage meetup

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 1:25 pm
Anyone headed to the mountains for yeshiva week? Was thinking maybe we could have an imamother meetup!! Trying to take kids skiing at Montage Mtn. Anyone going there? I know a lot of people go to Camelback or Kalahari but not in our budget. I’m just glad to be getting away a few days. Besides skiing is there anything fun and inexpensive to do near Montage?

doctorima

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 3:13 pm
If you go skiing at Montage, make sure to buy your tickets from Chabad of the Poconos and save a ton of money. Scranton has an indoor play place for little kids, and I think an escape the room place and a Sky Zone (or other similar trampoline jumping place).

momX4

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 4:06 pm
People always out together groups to save money at the waterpark. You can pay for one night and use the park for two days. I see lots of posts on facebook requesting to form a group of advertising one.

here is one example: Note: this doesnt include tax. PM me if you want more details. I dont feel comfotable sharing it, its from a private group.

Week of jan 24-25
Regular 2 bed desert room sleeps 4 179 a night

2 bed room family suite (railroad flat set up)2 bathroom sleeps 6 339 a night

African queen suite 2 bedrooms 2 bathroom plus a palor sleeps 6 389 a night

All rooms have a pull out sofa additional people 35 a night.
Kids under 3 are free dont need water park passes.

shanie5

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 9:12 pm
No sky zone in Scranton. A couple places with escape rooms. lazer tag. Steamtown national historic site (kids free-only pay for age 16+).
Want a tour of a kosher chicken factory? You can do that here too (need to make appt)
I'm in for a meet after work!!

doctorima

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 10:07 pm
Okay, so it's not in Scranton, but it's only about 15 minutes away: https://www.skyzone.com/pittston

The chicken factory tour sounds cool; how does one go about arranging it? Would it be interesting for kids?

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 10:10 pm
Op here agree about chicken factory tour. That would be right up my kids alley. Please let me know how to arrange or name of place.

shanie5

Post Wed, Jan 03 2018, 10:41 pm
The tour goes from shechita thru packaging. I guess it depends on ages of the kids, but many kids go with camp or school tours. I would prefer not posting name and number of the place on an open board (I don't have their permission). But feel free to pm me and I will gladly give them to you.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics