Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
Pesach at Berkley with chef flam, anyone?
1  2  Next

amother
Pearl

Post Sun, Jan 14 2018, 4:09 pm
Has anyone been to the Berkley or has done pesach with this person? Crowd? Food? Entertainment? Ty!

amother
Purple

Post Sat, Feb 03 2018, 9:31 pm
Bump

Also want to know more about this. Anyone know if the hotel is clean etc?

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Feb 07 2018, 7:02 am
following

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Feb 07 2018, 7:05 am
So Im the OP. my husband went down for an appointment and looked at the rooms and they are fully renovated and really nice. 90 percent of the hotel has been renovated and they say the last 10 percent will be done before Pesach. Im still looking to hear from people who have been with this program in the past to hear what they liked or disliked.

naturalmom5

Post Wed, Feb 07 2018, 9:08 am
If this is the same Flamm that did Pesachforless in Glen Cove 5 years ago
DO YOUR HOMEWORK

I was very disappointed with the food but maybe he had a low budget

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Feb 07 2018, 9:08 am
Thanks

amother
Pearl

Post Wed, Feb 07 2018, 9:21 am
amother wrote:
So Im the OP. my husband went down for an appointment and looked at the rooms and they are fully renovated and really nice. 90 percent of the hotel has been renovated and they say the last 10 percent will be done before Pesach. Im still looking to hear from people who have been with this program in the past to hear what they liked or disliked.

You're not the op. I am.

amother
Purple

Post Wed, Feb 07 2018, 9:24 am
You're right! My apologies! I thought I started it but realized I continued it. Sorry.

shiaeisen

Post Wed, Feb 07 2018, 7:42 pm
I loooked into this and after reading recent reviews of the hotel, decided against it! It’s a three star hotel, Bad reviews of some rooms having bad mold, some rodents were seen, bug infestations, and no service when a light was out in the bathroom! I’d check and make sure you know what you’re getting into,,,,there’s a reason he’s so cheap!!!!

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Feb 08 2018, 3:59 am
Thanks to the previous poster. I'm not sure what to say. My husband went down and toured multiple rooms. I have tons of pictures. It really seemed clean...

shiaeisen

Post Thu, Feb 08 2018, 6:54 am
I know, some of the reviews said that certain rooms were good and certain were very bad. Apparently it is a very very old hotel and some of the rooms are really in bad shape. I was not personally willing to take a chance that I might get one of the worst rooms. Especially being stuck there for so many days.

amother
Purple

Post Thu, Feb 08 2018, 6:58 am
I hear your perspective but I am relieved and open to going because we have checked it out personally and it is 90% renovated.... Im excited to spend the chag with family!

imommy

Post Sun, Feb 11 2018, 9:22 am
I also went down to see the rooms and they seemed really nice and big and clean. Anyone have info on the food ? The crowd?

shiaeisen

Post Sun, Feb 11 2018, 2:34 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks to the previous poster. I'm not sure what to say. My husband went down and toured multiple rooms. I have tons of pictures. It really seemed clean...

Have u read any of the actual reviews? Numerous people wrote that they were offered room upgrades (after complaining about problems with their rooms) IF THEY WOULD POST A POSITIVE REVIEW ONLINE! That worries me....I’m sure they only showed u the renovated rooms, which there’s no guarantee you’ll end up with one of those. People wrote that there are mousetraps in the stairways and they found a hidden one in a room....scary stuff.... I’d love to go cuz it’s the cheapest program (I guess this is why) but I’m worried about being stuck with a problem place for so many days.

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Feb 11 2018, 2:37 pm
I read them....hotel was fully renovated in terms of rooms so not worried about that. I'm going to make the best of it!

shiaeisen

Post Sun, Feb 11 2018, 3:00 pm
I'm not sure how... The reviews were written within the past two weeks... I don't think they renovated since then...

naturalmom5

Post Sun, Feb 11 2018, 3:01 pm
3800 a couple... Ouch..

Pesach for Less in Glen Cove a few years back was a really great hotel with great activities and all and they charged 2400 a couple..

shiaeisen

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 5:57 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
If this is the same Flamm that did Pesachforless in Glen Cove 5 years ago
DO YOUR HOMEWORK

I was very disappointed with the food but maybe he had a low budget

Yes it’s the same Chef Flamn from Pesach for Less,,,I guess the “less”is because of the inferior hotel and food....

shiaeisen

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 5:59 pm
amother wrote:
I read them....hotel was fully renovated in terms of rooms so not worried about that. I'm going to make the best of it!

No actually it’s NOT fully renovated. So I guess you’re trying your luck by hoping you’re not one of the unlucky ones getting the scary rooms....

bobeli

Post Tue, Feb 13 2018, 7:01 pm
Not all internet review are accurate, I read the ones for the Sheraton parsippany and they were not the best. I went to the hotel and is very nice and clean
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics