Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Any shoe stores have clearance sales now?

seeker

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 9:49 pm
Yes, it happened again that my very hard to fit DD outgrew her shoes mid-season and I've procrastinated as long as I could... even with Pesach around the corner, that's March, I'm not ready for spring shoes/sneakers/sandals yet. I don't want to pay full steep Brooklyn prices but I'm desperate enough to shop in Brooklyn because rounds 1 and 2 of online attempts weren't successful and I just don't have time and she's complaining every day that her shoes pinch Sad

amother
Teal

Post Mon, Feb 19 2018, 11:32 pm
Royal family shoes in Williamsburg had advertised a sale in their newly renovated store located at 41 lee avenue lower level. Call and check if the sale is still on. They have really good prices. I think solid kids shoes has a sale going as well. They’re prices aren’t as low as royal but suppose to be better quality. Call to check.

seeker

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 6:57 am
Thanks. I can call them but didn't have much luck with Royal's selection in the past so I'm not sure it's worth the trip. Anyone in Boro Park know anything? I have to bring someone there today anyhow.

seeker

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 9:32 am
Bump. Range has been expanded to include Flatbush. Would take suggestions of places that have a good selection and reasonable prices even if not clearance sales.

southernbubby

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 11:00 am
Do you ever pick up those Torah Times magazines or Shopper's route magazines that are in those corner magazine dispensers or that you can pick up for free in stores such as the Kollel store? They list the sales.

Also, I get the Williamsburg Bulletin emailed to me every week and it may be possible to get these other ad circulars emailed as well so that you can see who is having a sale.

In Crown Heights, they have the Bais Rivka shoe sale a few times a year which are mob scenes (my daughter and DIL have had some luck there) but you can call Little Feet Shoes on Empire and ask about it or if they are having a sale.

seeker

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 12:16 pm
I don't think those ad magazines are available where I live and I prefer to plan ahead before I actually get to Brooklyn.

Thanks for the CH tip, I'll call the store. If they're not having a sale do you know what their usual price range is? Do you know if they're good fitters for picky feet?

southernbubby

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 12:46 pm
seeker wrote:
I don't think those ad magazines are available where I live and I prefer to plan ahead before I actually get to Brooklyn.

Thanks for the CH tip, I'll call the store. If they're not having a sale do you know what their usual price range is? Do you know if they're good fitters for picky feet?

sale is about $40 and they do know how to fit

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 2:01 pm
I get shoes on sale from a shoe inn on central avenue (ashoeinn.com). I know you said you prefer not to buy online, but maybe worth checking out.....

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 5:06 pm
Theres this store lower 13th ave in boro park.maybe 40 41st. It's called exquisite or something w an e. Great prices. On the right hand side. Blue and gold words. Sorry dnt remember...maybe a bp'er can help

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 5:09 pm
amother wrote:
Theres this store lower 13th ave in boro park.maybe 40 41st. It's called exquisite or something w an e. Great prices. On the right hand side. Blue and gold words. Sorry dnt remember...maybe a bp'er can help

Elegante on 13th between 42 and 43.

seeker

Post Tue, Feb 20 2018, 9:43 pm
Thanks for the tips. I will look for those stores next time. Today BH we found something that fit well at Di Rubio (New Utrecht, not a cheap store but they have a range and seem to also have a knack for fitting) and bought it for the sake of closing this #$%& parsha...for now. Unfortunately it was a last season school shoe as opposed to a current or last year sneaker/spring shoe so no matter how good the fitting is, we're only getting a couple of months out of it before she starts to either need new sneakers or to trash these on the playground. But sometimes you just need to do what it takes to save what sanity you have left and move on. Even with that strategy, it took two stores and more energy than I could spare. But done.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries