Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Guests
Time sensitive-PLEASE help

amother
Beige

Post Wed, Feb 21 2018, 9:11 pm
Hi
I was wondering if anyone can guide me.
How does Shabbat.com work? How can I check references for the family hosting? What should one beware of?
Any info will help us a ton as I want to help out my single niece to find a place for this shabbos in Brooklyn

doctorima

Post Wed, Feb 21 2018, 9:20 pm
You can do a search based on geography. Enter her address and narrow the search to hosts within .5 (or 1) miles. You can then organize the hosts that match based on how many reviews they're received, and you can also narrow the results to only include families with pictures, which is a good idea that can help you see that they look normal.

If you find one with a lot of feedback, you should feel safe, especially if this is only for eating and not for sleeping. I believe it will also tell you when they last logged in, so choose somebody who's been active recently. If it makes you more secure, choose a family with references that you can call or email, though practically speaking, it's rarely done on that site. Feel free to PM me with any more questions.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics