Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Do you tip morahs/rebbes on Purim?
Previous  1  2

seeker

Post Wed, Feb 28 2018, 9:06 am
Can I very slightly hijack and ask if a group/PTA mishloach manos is sufficient for this? Because now all this talk about personal notes and gifts is making me wonder... I'm *pretty* sure but not totally definite that the group/PTA MM is just fancy chocolates etc in some kind of fancy reusable container (e.g. nice serving platter or something.) I also contributed at Chanukah time which I think includes both a gift and a monetary bonus.

I also feel sheepish because I gave a wimpy MM to my kid's therapists. I prepared a small but pretty MM with the intention of buying a gift card to go with it, but in the end things got crazy and I didn't have time to get one so I just gave the chocolates/grape juice and hoped it's the thought that counts Confused

livinginflatbus

Post Wed, Feb 28 2018, 9:09 am
I gave my sons rebbe a very nice tip chanuka and we bought him a nice bottle for Purim . My nursery sons Morah I will Be giving her a Nice check since she does a lot for him .

amother
Slateblue

Post Wed, Feb 28 2018, 9:22 am
My DS's rebbe did something too harsh a couple of weeks ago. DS was devastated. Rebbe knew how sensitive he is. I called him, and he did apologize to me and DS, but DS still hasn't put this behind him, and neither have I, because we haven't yet had the meeting to talk about a better solution.

I can't decide whether to give something.

What do you wise imamothers suggest? Not everyone in the class will give.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Feb 28 2018, 9:49 am
Do people not tip at the end of the year? I always give a tip and a thank you note at the end of the year. Purim they just get a simple mishloach monos like everyone else.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics