Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Frames direct or other online glasses

yo'ma

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 7:52 am
Have you ever bought glasses from frames direct for your child? Were you happy with them? Did you have other glasses to measure from originally or their sizing was accurate? Was their shipping accurate? Do you know other sites that are better and maybe faster? TIA

I need good quality. The last time we bought him glasses was about 7 years ago. I hope not to go that long again, but we like it to last.

imasinger

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 7:58 am
We found goggles4u to be inexpensive and decently made.

We sent them the measurements they needed (distance between pupils). You can Google how to measure pupillary distance.

Notsobusy

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 8:03 am
I don't think I ever used Frames Direct, but I do buy from other online glasses stores. We measured from other glasses, but we find their sizing isn't always accurate. Also not the greatest quality, some last longer than others. But that's true when I buy locally also. Nobody in this family's prescription stays the same for more than a year or two, so I'm not worried about the glasses lasting that long.

The glasses are so cheap that I buy 2 or 3 pairs for each of us, and it's still much cheaper than buying one pair locally. If one doesn't fit right it becomes a backup pair, they are cheap enough that it's worth the gamble.

Shipping is never very fast, because they have to make the glasses first. It usually takes about two weeks. You can pay extra for expedited shipping.

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Mar 13 2018, 10:57 am
I bought from Zenni optical. Was cheap for a child that's clumsy and managed to break other pairs so I'd rather pay $25 and replace as needed
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics