Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Kitchen island or full counter

gootlfriends

Post Wed, Mar 14 2018, 8:45 pm
We hope to buy a home soon. The current residents are not Jewish and we have to replace the oven, fridge and sink. I can live with one sink as long as I have a space for my milchig dishes. So should I get a kitchen cart/island which is under 1k or invest in real counter and cabinets with potential for second sink, burner for dairy and a few cabinets and nice counter but close to 2k or more. Its a decent size kitchen but not large. Most of the house doesn't need much work but we have to paint, replace some wiring and add more railings.

Blessing1

Post Wed, Mar 14 2018, 9:22 pm
Do you mean one sink or a divided sink with 1 faucet?
How can you wash dairy & meat dishes in one sink?

gootlfriends

Post Wed, Mar 14 2018, 9:35 pm
We wouldn't get 2 sinks next to each other because my husband considers that one sink. I would use it as a meat sink and use an insert for dairy. Dairy is mostly one pot used for mac and cheese. I'm lactose intolerant as are my kids and husband doesn't use dairy. My kids only eat yogurt of dairy. That's why I don't feel we need a second sink. But I would like another burner.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen