Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Think NYC will cancel school tomorrow? 3/21/18
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Zehava

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 3:11 pm
precious wrote:
We had so many false alarms this year...

The only seemed like false alarms. Elsewhere they piled up quite nicely

HappyGoLucky1

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 3:11 pm
A whole eight HOURS!!!!! This..Ladies... Is the meaning of an apocalypse.

For all who were wondering.

elisheva25

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 3:29 pm
I am also thinking that school will be canceled Thursday as well
If there is really as much snow as predicted,how will anyone get to school

Boca00

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 3:29 pm
I'm betting they will cancel.

This way I have something to look forward to in case there is a snowstorm... What do we get if we win?

fbmommy

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 4:10 pm
Another excuse to push off summer clothing shopping!

octopus

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 4:16 pm
I also think schools going to cancel. If the snow starts early enough, the schools will cancel because they don't know what is going to be.

InnerMe

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 4:37 pm
Boca00 wrote:
I'm betting they will cancel.

This way I have something to look forward to in case there is a snowstorm... What do we get if we win?

You get the new book "What Pesach Can do to a Sane Woman" by a highly acclaimed yet anonymous author.

Boca00

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 4:39 pm
InnerMe wrote:
You get the new book "What Pesach Can do to a Sane Woman" by a highly acclaimed yet anonymous author.

Ooh is that the new book you are authoring?

flowerpower

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 4:39 pm
If they do cancel school they better make up for it next week! I just got my Hollar.com order which contained activity books for pre Pesach boredom. We may have to use them a bit earlier than expected....

PAMOM

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 5:31 pm
They’ve already announced some school closing where I am. I expect no school tomorrow and a 2-hour delay on Thursday (or do they not do delays where you are)?

seeker

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 5:55 pm
It's official http://schools.nyc.gov/Offices.....s.htm
Cheers <-- for both those celebrating and those who need some spirits to see them through. I have one foot in both camps, actually.

PAMOM

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 6:34 pm
Closed here!

tf

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 7:01 pm
NYC is closing. I don't think chassidish schools will cancel. Honestly, I doubt there's going to be enough snow to make a fuss over it. I'm hesitant since I had an observation. I noticed that after warm weather, the snow can't hold on the ground. It may come down as snow in the freezing air and stay snow until it reaches the ground. Then it melts on the "too warm" cement. Only after very low temperature, when the ground is frozen through and through, can the snow hold and accumulate. Thus the slush we had in NYC last week. For this week, let's see if my observation still holds

icebreaker

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 7:03 pm
I hope so! I’m pretty sure my workplace will cancel classes (private college) because of all the commuter students we have. Most wouldn’t come anyway. I honestly won’t send my children to school tomorrow anyway if the schools are open and it’s really bad outside.

boysrus

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 7:09 pm
amother wrote:
How do u make pesach like this?!

I am guessing that you are a SAHM!
Personally, I would love a snow day tomorrow, then I and my kids will all be home, adn we will be able to clean for pesach. If its not a snow day, then we will not have that extra time to clean...

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 7:19 pm
Waiting to hear if NJ schools will close, where we actually get snow!

amother
Mistyrose

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 7:37 pm
Yay, Baltimore schools are closed, I get a day off work to clean for pesach with my kids! I will have to bribe them majorly to get much done though Smile

seeker

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 8:45 pm
tf wrote:
NYC is closing. I don't think chassidish schools will cancel. Honestly, I doubt there's going to be enough snow to make a fuss over it. I'm hesitant since I had an observation. I noticed that after warm weather, the snow can't hold on the ground. It may come down as snow in the freezing air and stay snow until it reaches the ground. Then it melts on the "too warm" cement. Only after very low temperature, when the ground is frozen through and through, can the snow hold and accumulate. Thus the slush we had in NYC last week. For this week, let's see if my observation still holds

You're right that there will likely be little if any accumulation, but slush is slippery too and a lot of the danger is poor visibility driving through heavy windy snow.

tf

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 9:03 pm
seeker wrote:
You're right that there will likely be little if any accumulation, but slush is slippery too and a lot of the danger is poor visibility driving through heavy windy snow.

I think the propoganda is still waaaay out of proportion. All of what you say is correct, but we can still go about with our daily routine, only with more difficulty. No need to close school. And I teach. And I make pesach myself. And I have kids. And I can use a break or 2. And I. ... I'm just honest with what I see.

seeker

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 9:36 pm
fair enough. Meet ya back here tomorrow for a real-time live-action commentary Smile
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries