Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Think NYC will cancel school tomorrow? 3/21/18
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

amother
Denim

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 11:30 pm
UTA is picking the kids up in the morning regular time. Honestly I’m a bit nervous but ok.

Boca00

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 11:36 pm
School just cancelled here for Passaic/Clifton. Pale

tf

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 6:17 am
UTA in willi has regular morning schedule, there might be a change for afternoon.

amother
Blonde

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 10:06 am
In Flatbush, DD's elementary school cancelled shortly after NYC public school announcement. DS's elementary school is on today, but with early 2:00 dismissal; they have their own private fleet of buses, which obviously helps.

InnerMe

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 11:21 am
Boca00 wrote:
Ooh is that the new book you are authoring?

Nah.. I could never tackle that... Unless I do several volumes.

InnerMe

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 11:23 am
And at least I tried to keep my expectations low. Woke up @ 7 to find ZERO snow on the ground. Now there's about 2-3 inches of snow, not too cold, and basically zero reason to close work Crying

seeker

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 12:12 pm
I'm in NYC, the snow outside my window is very respectable, but not fierce enough to prevent you from going out. Though it's enough that I can see it would have been hard to predict if it could have been worse, so I get the precaution.

tf

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 12:12 pm
So Seeker, yeah, you won the contest. My school just arrived home because the snow is sticking to the ground too much and fast.

amother
Royalblue

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 12:14 pm
tf wrote:
So Seeker, yeah, you won the contest. My school just arrived home because the snow is sticking to the ground too much and fast.

is that chassidishe bp school? my dh teaches eng in one of them and im wondering if he will have. I cant reach him by his morning job to ask

seeker

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 12:15 pm
I thought the problem was going to be in the air, not the ground, but I was wrong about that - it's not blowing around crazy like the last couple of snows, visibility is fine, and there are some kids outside my window rolling a gigantic snowball. Am I a super grinch if I don't take my kids out when it's such a nice pleasant snow and probably the last of the year? I'm so not in the mood.

tf

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 12:29 pm
amother wrote:
is that chassidishe bp school? my dh teaches eng in one of them and im wondering if he will have. I cant reach him by his morning job to ask

No, willi

Blessing1

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 12:34 pm
Am I the only one that thinks Monsey schools cancelled for no reason?

tf

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 12:35 pm
seeker wrote:
I thought the problem was going to be in the air, not the ground, but I was wrong about that - it's not blowing around crazy like the last couple of snows, visibility is fine, and there are some kids outside my window rolling a gigantic snowball. Am I a super grinch if I don't take my kids out when it's such a nice pleasant snow and probably the last of the year? I'm so not in the mood.

I still looove the snow (middle aged). I go out sometimes even with my grandchildren to play in the snow. The memories from when I was a kid. The freedom. Time becomes nonexistent. It's heaven. The creativity it fosters. Aaaah, I wish. What we have now doesn't come close to what we really can have and enjoy.

seeker

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 12:53 pm
tf wrote:
I still looove the snow (middle aged). I go out sometimes even with my grandchildren to play in the snow. The memories from when I was a kid. The freedom. Time becomes nonexistent. It's heaven. The creativity it fosters. Aaaah, I wish. What we have now doesn't come close to what we really can have and enjoy.

Please come over here and take my kids out for these heavenly memories while I catch up on phone calls, paperwork, and pesach cleaning!

BH it's DST plus later in the season, so there's not as much deadline. It's not like it will be dark and extra-freezing at 4. Which is good because it's nearly 1 and my kids are still in PJs and I'm just getting started on the paperwork.

tf

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 1:14 pm
seeker wrote:
Please come over here and take my kids out for these heavenly memories while I catch up on phone calls, paperwork, and pesach cleaning!

BH it's DST plus later in the season, so there's not as much deadline. It's not like it will be dark and extra-freezing at 4. Which is good because it's nearly 1 and my kids are still in PJs and I'm just getting started on the paperwork.

I wish. Where do you live? Very Happy

seeker

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 1:18 pm
Behind a computer screen, duh.

tf

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 1:21 pm
seeker wrote:
Behind a computer screen, duh.

Rolling Laughter

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 3:45 pm
Blessing1 wrote:

Baruch HaShem my kids had school today. They were dismissed early at 1:30 when it started to stick

amother
Bronze

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 3:49 pm
In NJ it only started getting heavy around noon. Now it’s very heavy. It could have been a half day for sure.

momX4

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 3:49 pm
Blessing1 wrote:

They should have had a friday schedule. Only my boys had yeshiva. The only bad thing I saw while driving was the traffic by Evergreen.
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries