Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Any Shaimos drop-off locations in Monsey this year?

Cookiegirl

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 12:12 pm
I haven't seen any trucks in the usual spots this year. Does anyone know of a shul or yeshiva that accepts shaimos and arranges for burial?

TIA!

amother
Taupe

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 1:38 pm
I saw a truck across from Monsey Glatt this past Sunday

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 7:29 pm
As advertised in the community connections and other weekly publications:
1-866-shaimos. located at the rear of the Atrium Plaza, in Capitol Seforim. open Sun- Thurs, 12 mid-day to 11 pm. they collect year around.

Also, some seforim stores may sell "kosher" shaimos boxes which you fill and mail to the pre-addressed and reputable organization. This was available a few years ago, I dont know if it is still done.

An FYI for all: There have been instances of "crooks" posing as emes-dik collectors of shaimos, and then abandoning the trucks, yet taking off with the money they collected. Please check carefully with whom you deposit shaimos and make certain they are a reputable business. (Don't determine "reputable" by their manner of dress, or yiddish/hebrew writing on their signs.)

Cookiegirl

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 9:46 pm
Thank you! There was a truck today at Monsey Glatt- but was not able to park there. And yes, I would prefer to leave them with someone reputable, so will try the Seforim store.

Thanks again to all who responded.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries