Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
S/O The Nosiest Question Contest
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 4:03 pm
So you think your neighbor/friend/random stalker is nosy?

You think it's bad to ask how much you make, how much your bosses make, if you're pregnant when you aren't even wearing maternity yet, or how much you spent? Meh.

I think the nosiest question I was asked was how many times I went to the mikvah before I had my first kid.

Anon to protect the not-so-innocent.

Go ahead, top that.

amother
Green

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 4:11 pm
When a neighbors six year old daughter asked me why I have a bump in the back of my snood. She then answered her own question and said " I know why , because you don't shave and you have a pony , my father told me". Anon, because my story has been told many times. Not only are six yr olds nosy but their fathers are too!

Woman of Valor

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 5:02 pm
I don't understand why that makes the father nosy. Clearly his daughter asked him about the bump and he probably said something along the lines of "some woman have hair" and this was new to his daughter who found it "newsworthy"

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 5:04 pm
the father might not be being nosy. His kid asked him why does Mrs. X have a bump in the back of her head. He responded not everyone shaves and if you have a ponytail it'll make a bump so that's why someone would have bump on the back. No judgment there, he's just explaining life to his kid. Kid comes back and says her father told her it was because you don't shave.

-eta. that I just see someone else wrote the same thing.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 6:12 pm
Would your mother have had more kids if she didn't get divorced?

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 6:15 pm
When I just separated someone asked me "was it because of bedroom issues?"

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 6:17 pm
ok scarlet-I think you just won Sad

amother
Amber

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 6:20 pm
Why are there no hugs?????

amother
Scarlet

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 6:44 pm

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 6:47 pm
I’ve been asked how many mikvas before I got pregnant more than once. It’s standard already. Lol. I think the worse question was someone called me about my ex and said I’m wondering why you got divorced and have a shidduch for him. Is he marriageable? I almost fainted. I told her to call my rav and find out for herself. I thought it was pretty invasive.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 6:55 pm
I was standing at the bus stop with my then 6-year-old DD. I was wearing maternity clothes (B"H). My neighbor asked me (in the presence of a bunch of kids) what I did to get pg. I told her the same as she did.

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 6:58 pm
amother wrote:
I’ve been asked how many mikvas before I got pregnant more than once. It’s standard already. Lol. I think the worse question was someone called me about my ex and said I’m wondering why you got divorced and have a shidduch for him. Is he marriageable? I almost fainted. I told her to call my rav and find out for herself. I thought it was pretty invasive.

Omg! Someone once called me for infoe on my ex too!! I told her I dont even think im a reliable source for information! Ppl are weeeiiirrrddddd!

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 7:01 pm
one day my workmate complimented me that I look very good. I told her thanks for the compliment. then she asked me if its because I got new underwear!

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 7:26 pm
A stranger at the park, “Did you have secondary infertility or was the spacing between your kids intentional?”

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 7:26 pm
amother wrote:
one day my workmate complimented me that I look very good. I told her thanks for the compliment. then she asked me if its because I got new underwear!

OMG!!!

amother
Pearl

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 7:34 pm
The person who barely knows me or my special needs child asking me why she’s in a special school and that she’s not so bad. I wasn’t even talking about her!
I was dumbfounded. Not that I need to explain but my child has an iq of 40, multiple daily seizures and many more issues.

crust

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 7:38 pm
Standing with my husband in the lobby of a major NYC hospital one late evening.

A complete stranger, apparently Jewish, walks over;
"Why are you here? Were you just discharged?"

My husband, straightforward, (unaware that maybe its better to just say yes);
"No B"H. We only had an appointment".

Stranger; "What? Which doctor's office is open so late? You don't have to tell me! I'm just asking".

My husband just laughs uneasily.

Stranger doesn't get the message. Keeps questioning us till we leave.

amother
Papaya

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 8:07 pm
My single friend's first reaction when I told her I was going to be getting engaged was "Does he know about X (family situation)?" I immediately said, "Yes, and he still wants to marry me." Happens we were very open and would never have it any other way!! But the subtle implication that -- if he really knew you, he wouldn't want you, just dripped with jealousy. The friendship fizzled out. And the marriage is still blissful over 2 years later.

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 9:56 pm
From my mother-in-law, and NO, we are NOT close. At all.

"So, you went to the doctor... How open is your cervix?"

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 10:01 pm
Car service driver, a female picked me up to drive me to a job interview. She had been my taxi driver only one other time before that. When I stepped out of the car she asked me " You no more working at the Chase Bank?" ( my prior office was located in the same building as Chase). Someone was really keeping tabs on me.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics