Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
S/O The Nosiest Question Contest
Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next

keym

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 10:08 pm
amother wrote:
From my mother-in-law, and NO, we are NOT close. At all.

"So, you went to the doctor... How open is your cervix?"

I at least hope you were pregnant. LOL

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 10:10 pm
I actually just remembered this worse one- someone I know, not good friends with at all, met me about a year after my divorce. She started ranting on and on about how people get divorced for no reason.. the way she did it and acted was really not ok. And of course she wanted to know why I got divorced and if it was for a stupid reason... if you are on here- that was totally not ok! You need serious help!! Just bec you have money, you can’t say what you want!

amother
Orchid

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 10:32 pm
My aunt, at my parents home 8 months after my mothers passing, within earshot of my young siblings “I’m trying to imagine this house with a new wife. What do you think your father will do with the candelabra will he give it to you?” And on and on she went.

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 11:22 pm
So when are you going to get pregnant?
Let’s see here, I’m dying to have another kid. Thanks for putting an arrow through my heart.

amother
Mustard

Post Tue, Mar 20 2018, 11:26 pm
You quit your job, how are you going to manage financially?

The two people who asked hadn’t worked in years and I had worked a zillion years.

And none of your business I’m not going to tell you that my husband was earning a very very substantial salary.

amother
Puce

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 12:05 am
When I went out with my twins in their stroller more than one person asked me if they were "conceived naturally". I still don't understand why a complete stranger wanted to know this about a complete stranger.

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 12:07 am
amother wrote:
one day my workmate complimented me that I look very good. I told her thanks for the compliment. then she asked me if its because I got new underwear!

Rolling Laughter

SuperWify

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 12:24 am
I know I’ve said this before here but I think it deserves another mention.

My MIL, 5 months after I gave birth, “superwify, I thought for sure you’d be pregnant again.”

enneamom

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 12:26 am
SuperWify wrote:
I know I’ve said this before here but I think it deserves another mention.

My MIL, 5 months after I gave birth, “superwify, I thought for sure you’d be pregnant again.”

Rolling Laughter
"MIL, how old is your youngest? What's going on? Do you need some tips?"

SuperWify

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 12:37 am
enneamom wrote:
Rolling Laughter
"MIL, how old is your youngest? What's going on? Do you need some tips?"

Seriously! I rolled my eyes in response and she got defensive, “Why not? All my sisters in laws had a baby every year! X has 14 kids and x has 12. Why not you?”

The big joke- MIL has 5 only.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 1:36 am
amother wrote:
I think the worse question was someone called me about my ex and said I’m wondering why you got divorced and have a shidduch for him. Is he marriageable? I almost fainted. I told her to call my rav and find out for herself. I thought it was pretty invasive.

It's pretty normal to want to talk to the ex-wife. Not sure why you almost fainted.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 1:37 am
amother wrote:
one day my workmate complimented me that I look very good. I told her thanks for the compliment. then she asked me if its because I got new underwear!

Did she say underwear or did she say bra? Not that it's appropriate either way, but sometimes it's obvious that someone's wearing a terrible bra when a good one can change the way all their clothes look. That would make more sense.

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 1:52 am
So are you trying (to have kids)?

When are you going to have children?

Why didn’t you come to the Work party? Me-oh I was busy. Her-with what? None of your business!!!

And then my dh whispered something to me in public and someone asked me what he said Rolling Eyes

amother
Brunette

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 2:04 am
amother wrote:
It's pretty normal to want to talk to the ex-wife. Not sure why you almost fainted.

No. It is not. I would guess that at least 90% of ex wives do not think their exes are marriage material.
Although my mom was asked about my dad and she told the person (it was a third party, not the woman) "the most positive thing I can say is that she will not have a hard time getting her get" and it was true. My dad was divorced from his second wife a year later.

amother
Fuchsia

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 2:07 am
amother wrote:
No. It is not.

What are you basing that on? I don't know anyone who would consider dating a divorced guy without first finding out - ideally from the ex - what happened.

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 2:15 am
DH got asked if he has s*x with his yarmulkah on. His response: “Does it get in the way?”

Kiwi13

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 2:57 am
I’m usually fine with whatever questions people ask me, even the super nosy ones, so not much phases me enough to remember. Obviously I don’t ANSWER all the questions, but I don’t mind people asking.

The only thing that comes to mind is one coworker who constantly pestered me about her wanting to know the gender of my unborn baby, which I repeatedly reminded her was private information that we weren’t sharing with ANYBODY. But she kept at it and eventually I was uncomfortable working with her and started avoiding her as much as I could.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 4:05 am
About year after we were married, my DH was on a bus in Israel. Guy next to him, complete stranger, started talking to him, how long have you been married, etc, any kids? When the answer was no kids yet, he said "make sure you wife lies on her back with her legs up after the act".

Metukah

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 4:32 am
amother wrote:
About year after we were married, my DH was on a bus in Israel. Guy next to him, complete stranger, started talking to him, how long have you been married, etc, any kids? When the answer was no kids yet, he said "make sure you wife lies on her back with her legs up after the act".

I wish there was a shock button. shock

This one definitely wins.

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 4:43 am
Nice house, what did you pay?
Page 2 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics