Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Whats the worst thing your child ate? (non-food)
1  2  3  Next

amother
Jade

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 11:15 am
This morning my baby opened up the bathroom garbage can and sucked on a used suppository. There was actual feces and fluid in it. I feel like the worst mother ever! We even have a lock on that garbage can, but someone forgot to lock it!!

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 11:16 am
a baby caterpillar. I cried when I took it out.
I'm sorry this happened to you and your baby. it's not your fault. you're not a bad mother.

amother
Sapphire

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 11:22 am
changed a dirty diaper and left it on the bed in a wrapped up chucks for a minute or so while I had to attend to something else. I come back and find my daughter in her crib having a party and a 'painted' crib. she somehow moved the crib over and helped herself to the stuff from the bed.
I was freaking out because I have a sis on the spectrum and I remember when she did this (as an older kid though) and the tears and hysteria from my mom.
I was consoled though hearing that lots of neuro-typical kids do it also at some point as part of exploration.

anonymrs

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 11:30 am
Not gross, but traumatic for me. She ate her earring.

SuperWify

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 11:32 am
Dirty Tissues (I can’t throw them out in my bedrooms garbage anymore).

No he’s not a model.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 11:40 am
Beads. Like loads. Pony holders. Stickers. How do I know?! Yeah...💩

amother
Plum

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 11:53 am
Poop

stillnewlywed

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 12:00 pm
My brother drank invisible ink when he was little. He also ate fish food once. Confused

Kiwi13

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 12:17 pm
The worst? A sharp piece of a plastic cup he bit off. (He was fine but scared me silly!)

The funniest? He took a chunk out of a book called “Yummy Yucky.”

amother
Blue

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 12:19 pm
DD drinking from the hamsters water bottle. She got it off the cage and was sucking it like a bottle. I was grossed out for a long time (and still am when I think of it)

amother
Chartreuse

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 12:24 pm
He choked on a pushpin once....bh nothing happened.

Tzutzie

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 12:33 pm
A tiny pc of plastic she bit off. Chocked on it. Was fine my the time hatzola arrived!

My sister's kids would "paint" their dirty diaper before she'd get to their crib in the morning (5 or 6 am).... she'd cry while cleaning up....

I'm seriously grossed out. Feces in the mouth. Yuck!!!!
Kids are crazy! They get into the craziest things. Gosh. WHAT ARE THEY THINKING??? I'd probably vomit (I'm close to it now.) if I saw a kid do it.

How did you clean them up?

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 12:39 pm
A button

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 1:01 pm
amother wrote:
Beads. Like loads. Pony holders. Stickers. How do I know?! Yeah...💩

If this is recent and consistent behavior, you should look into PICA (iron deficiency).

amother
Smokey

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 1:13 pm
My friend and I saw a toddler pop a large black ant in his mouth in the country. He was so quick about the whole thing it was over before we got to him. We were in shock. We didn't want to tell his mother because we thought she'd have a heart attack. The two of us stalked him all day following him around and finding excuses to visit his bungalow. We kept anxiously checking on him but from the moment he swallowed that gross insect his breathing, color and behavior were perfectly fine. He grew into a normal healthy child. His mother is none the wiser. The two of us still shudder when his name comes up.

amother
Gold

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 1:22 pm
This is edible so I'm not sure if it counts but I'm sharing it anyway. My dd got diagnosed with an allergy to milk when she was 18 months. She loved yoghurt so whenever I didn't see she would go searching in the garbage can for empty containers and lick them out Rolling Eyes

amother
Emerald

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 1:53 pm
bar of soap

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 3:55 pm
12 month old troublemaker ate prescription medication that he managed to get from night table, open child resistant cap, and eat 10 pills before I realized embarrassed
We spent the night in the ER, and he was bh ok

amother
Cobalt

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 4:28 pm
DD licked chalk off of the sidewalk

amother
Floralwhite

Post Wed, Mar 21 2018, 4:34 pm
Fried gefilte fish. Before you start yelling that its a food, it is NOT!

My inlaws got a surprise visit from them on a Sunday, so MIL took leftover gefilte fish from the fridge and fried it! My kids almost choked and died on it. Hello! Its 2018! Give them scrambled eggs! Give them American cheese.

Living in Monsey is not an excuse!
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics