Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names
Hailey
1  2  Next

amother
Oak

Post Sat, Mar 24 2018, 8:39 pm
I love the name Hailey, what are your thoughts? Also does anyone know if it is in anyway a Jewish name? Thank u Tongue Out

pesek zman

Post Sat, Mar 24 2018, 9:06 pm
It's cute but definitely not Jewish

BetsyTacy

Post Sat, Mar 24 2018, 9:13 pm
Not Jewish, but a lot better than some names that are given Jewish babies, which are decidedly Christian.

Moonlight

Post Sat, Mar 24 2018, 9:22 pm
I know a fee Haileys that are Rachelis. Or chelis.

amother
Tan

Post Sat, Mar 24 2018, 9:30 pm
It’s not Jewish

amother
Oak

Post Sat, Mar 24 2018, 9:34 pm
Thanks for all the replays, any ideas how to make it Jewish? Thanks so muc

BetsyTacy

Post Sat, Mar 24 2018, 9:43 pm
How do you change a non-Jewish name into a Jewish one? Hila has many of the same sounds as Hailey, but it is not the same name.

Moonlight

Post Sat, Mar 24 2018, 10:07 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks for all the replays, any ideas how to make it Jewish? Thanks so muc

Name her Racheli. RACH -HAILEY

amother
Red

Post Sat, Mar 24 2018, 10:23 pm
I love the name!

amother
Coral

Post Sat, Mar 24 2018, 10:29 pm
Hallel is also close to Hailey.

Kiwi13

Post Sat, Mar 24 2018, 10:54 pm
If you like Hailey specifically you can give a name like Hallel or Hila. If you would consider something similar sounding you can consider Kailey (from the Yiddish Keila/Kayla, or from the Hebrew Michaela). Or Bailey (Bayla).

amother
Brunette

Post Sat, Mar 24 2018, 11:11 pm
My sister (who is Jewish and frum, and we were born jewish fwiw - for the person who said its not Jewish) is Hallie. And I have another friend, also born Jewish named Hally. My name is also “not jewish”. So? Chose a name you love. Yentas gonna yent.

Kiwi13

Post Sun, Mar 25 2018, 12:05 am
amother wrote:
Yentas gonna yent.

And... I have a new favorite saying! Thanks!! ;-)

amother
Orchid

Post Sun, Mar 25 2018, 1:23 am
If you are zionistic you could name her after Nikki Haley, possibly the #1 woman supporting Israel in America right now.

Iymnok

Post Sun, Mar 25 2018, 6:08 am
This is a common name in the years that Halley's comet appears. It last happened in 1986.
Next time, in 2061.

iyar

Post Sun, Mar 25 2018, 7:25 am
amother wrote:
My sister (who is Jewish and frum, and we were born jewish fwiw - for the person who said its not Jewish) is Hallie. And I have another friend, also born Jewish named Hally. My name is also “not jewish”. So? Chose a name you love. Yentas gonna yent.

I didn’t think the problem is what other people will say. Yentas gonna yent. So if there’s an odd name passed down in your family don’t be afraid to give it because of what the yentas will say. But every neshama needs a Jewish name when it comes into the world. You’re already in love with your baby and hoping you can give her the best of everything. Don’t deprive her of a Jewish name.

amother
Brunette

Post Sun, Mar 25 2018, 7:29 am
iyar wrote:
I didn’t think the problem is what other people will say. Yentas gonna yent. So if there’s an odd name passed down in your family don’t be afraid to give it because of what the yentas will say. But every neshama needs a Jewish name when it comes into the world. You’re already in love with your baby and hoping you can give her the best of everything. Don’t deprive her of a Jewish name.

I’m the sister of Hallie who you quoted. Who says theres no jewish name? We all have “english names” and “hebrew names”. Hebrew/Jewish name is given at the same time as always, at an aliyah at the Torah. But the name used generally is the english name.

Notsobusy

Post Sun, Mar 25 2018, 8:55 am
amother wrote:
I’m the sister of Hallie who you quoted. Who says theres no jewish name? We all have “english names” and “hebrew names”. Hebrew/Jewish name is given at the same time as always, at an aliyah at the Torah. But the name used generally is the english name.

I think you're being a little defensive for no reason. Op asked if it's a Jewish name, presumably because she wants her baby to have a Jewish name and doesn't want to also give her a non-Jewish name. Posters answered that it's not a Jewish name. Nobody said there's anything wrong with using non-Jewish names.

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Mar 25 2018, 8:59 am
It’s very nice your sister has that name, I like it too. I know plenty of frum Jeniffers and Julia’s. That doesn’t make those names Jewish. They have non Jewish names. (Even if they also have Jewish names) op asked if hailey is a Jewish name. Not “can I give my daughter a non jewish name”
The answer to those questions will be different. Sure, she can name her child whatever she wants. But If she wants to give her child a Jewish name, Hailey isn’t one.

Purple2

Post Sun, Mar 25 2018, 9:12 am
Brunette, Especially Erev Pesach, where we discuss how the geulah came about from mitzrayim because of Jewish names( and some other reasons) don’t knock the importance of Being called by your Jewish name.
There’s a difference between having a non Jewish name for governmental purposes, and proudly being called by your Jewish name. Don’t knock the concept even if your not holding there.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Pregnancy & Childbirth -> Baby Names