Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Need help planning trip to Washington DC please

Ella1

Post Tue, Mar 27 2018, 7:40 am
We're planning to go to DC during Chol Hamoed. We'll be sleeping outside DC and then traveling in to see the sites. Is it better to take the metro in or drive? We're thinking of visiting the Air and Space museum, the mint, passing by the White House... where else should we go? Is it easy to get from one place to the other without a car (then we'd take the metro into DC) or are we better off driving in so we have a car to get from place to place. We're a large family with a stroller and of course will be carrying along all our food... Would so appreciate any advice/suggestions to make this as fun and smooth as possible! Thanks!

artz

Post Tue, Mar 27 2018, 9:44 am
When I have gone we usually drove down there and then parked in one area and walked. there is the washington monument (I dont know if its open if it is you can go up to the top and look down) lincoln memorial, newseum, holocaust museum, fbi building, a lot of these places you have to book before hand
I hope you enjoy

pesek zman

Post Tue, Mar 27 2018, 9:51 am
Metro definitely. Part of the experience and super easy to navigate

Ella1

Post Tue, Mar 27 2018, 10:50 am
Thnx! Can I get from the mint to the mall, to the air and space museum etc. without a car? (From one place to the other). Also past the white house.

pesek zman

Post Tue, Mar 27 2018, 11:33 am
Ella1 wrote:
Thnx! Can I get from the mint to the mall, to the air and space museum etc. without a car? (From one place to the other). Also past the white house.

Yes. The metro system is clean and efficient. The kids will love it

Ella1

Post Tue, Mar 27 2018, 1:22 pm
Thank you so much! How would you suggest we spend our day there? We have from ages 16 to little ones, but am more concerned about pleasing the older ones. Also, is it easy to get around the metro system with a stroller?

pesek zman

Post Tue, Mar 27 2018, 2:51 pm
Ella1 wrote:
Thank you so much! How would you suggest we spend our day there? We have from ages 16 to little ones, but am more concerned about pleasing the older ones. Also, is it easy to get around the metro system with a stroller?

In pretty sure all the metro stations have elevators. They look positively space aged (compared to NYC MTA)

Ella1

Post Tue, Mar 27 2018, 4:16 pm
Thank you! What sites do you recommend we go to? Have just one day.

Pandabeer

Post Wed, Mar 28 2018, 1:41 am
mail museum is very entertaining for young and old , last time I only had 2 hours and it was too little,

Rachel Shira

Post Wed, Mar 28 2018, 6:51 am
There was a thread from seeker last week I think about a chol hamoed DC trip, it might have more info for you.

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Mar 28 2018, 7:02 am
Pandabeer wrote:
mail museum is very entertaining for young and old , last time I only had 2 hours and it was too little,

I agree, it's called the postal museum. Also since it's a smithosonian museum it's free!

Ella1

Post Wed, Mar 28 2018, 3:28 pm
thanks, really appreciate the feedback!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics