Home
    Private Messages   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Translators are not obsolete!!!

Ima'la

Post Wed, Nov 07 2007, 7:36 am
This had me ROTFL!

An excerpt from an e-mail from Israeli journalists to the Dutch Foreign Ministry, in advance of a press conference with the Dutch FM:

"Hello bud, Enclosed five of the questions in honor of the foreign minister: The mother your visit in Israel is a sleep to the favor or to the bed your mind on the conflict are Israeli Palestinian, and on relational Israel Holland..."

I realized right away that someone must have used an automatic, computer-generated translation...."Your mother," which is mentioned several times in the e-mail was "Ha'im" ("Is it" - an opening of a question) mistaken for "Ha'em" (the mother)! LOL

Turns out the English-speaking journalist in the group was away on milu'im, and for some reason, the only journalist in the group who spoke no English took it upon himself to send the e-mail....Now the whole group is too :blushing to go!

I read this in the English Hamodia, but couldn't find a link online.

BennysMommy

Post Wed, Nov 07 2007, 7:48 am
That's really funny! My FIL translates books into Spanish and is a perfectionist so my DH is always pointing out the funny ways some of the other publishers' books are translated. I heard Readers Digest translated into Spanish isn't the greatest. I was at a speaker the other night and when the speaker said 24/7, they translated it as two hundred forty seven. Sometimes you really do need someone who knows what they're doing!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics