Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Wrapunzel-style = migraine probs? Relief?

jjudithc

Post Tue, Apr 24 2018, 1:54 pm
I really admire the big, fancy tichels in wrapunzel-style. However, when I've tried them on they were really tight and heavy. Confused I'm not planning on trying the style (out in public anyway) real soon, but I had heard somewhere about ways to make the style not-so-hard on migraine sufferers. In fact, I think I heard something about wrapping to stimulate pressure points on the skull.

Has anyone had experience with this? I don't think I made it up--that would be too weird for me to think of on my own. Very Happy

Thanks in advance!

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Apr 24 2018, 1:58 pm
Have you watched wrapunzle tutorials on YouTube? She shows how to tie it in a way that the pressure is lifted off the head.

watergirl

Post Tue, Apr 24 2018, 2:06 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
Have you watched wrapunzle tutorials on YouTube? She shows how to tie it in a way that the pressure is lifted off the head.

Thats what I was about to say. Theres a video about this exact issue. Youtube.

L K

Post Tue, Apr 24 2018, 2:16 pm
I find using volumizer is a must. Without one scarves feel uncomfortable, tight, or slipping off and putting you under pressure physically.
With volumizer, it feels like either nothing or a soft gripping comfort on your head; not sure if I can describe it better. It kinda holds and supports your head, rather than your head having to bear the tichel.
My absolute favorite is cloud9.

jjudithc

Post Tue, Apr 24 2018, 2:31 pm
Yay! I knew I didn't make it up.

I try to stay off YouTube unless I have a very good reason, so thanks for the referral.

What about the heaviness? Any way to get it to not sag and pull backwards?

watergirl

Post Tue, Apr 24 2018, 2:32 pm
jjudithc wrote:
Yay! I knew I didn't make it up.

I try to stay off YouTube unless I have a very good reason, so thanks for the referral.

What about the heaviness? Any way to get it to not sag and pull backwards?

You need a volumizer. I love the cloud9. Loterally wear it or the Wendy every day.

amother
Stone

Post Tue, Apr 24 2018, 3:32 pm
I wear scarves wrapunzel style and suffer from migraines. Here's what helped me:
- wear a volumizer that's adjustable
- cross the ends instead of tying a knot in the back of the head
- only pull down, not up (watch the video on youtube that wrapunzel put out)
- weight is only an issue if I'm wearing too many scarves at once. I tend to wear 2, if I wear 3 then 2 are very light aka a sash etc.

Last edited by amother on Wed, Dec 28 2022, 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

penguin

Post Tue, Apr 24 2018, 4:17 pm
I don't have migraines BH but I am somewhat sensory and I can't handle a big heavy thing. I use a small cotton cap, no volume except my own pony.

I put a long piece to my left, cross the right side in back and the left side over the top. Tie on the left, not too tight. Works for me.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels