Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
I cant get over this

rainbow dash

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 9:11 am
Anyone read this week's binah article called choppy waters? I'm so upset and mad. Why didn't any of the adults as in her parents or his sit her down to talk to her. To have nearly nothing to do with his side of the family like that is disgusting and then to think that oh well they help us with a sidduch so to treat them like the past 20 plus years never happened is crazy. How can the kallah explain such horrid behaviour?

honeymoon

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 11:06 am
yup I found it very disturbing as well.. just brings home the point that there are sick people out there who have their family members in their claws and the other party is too weak to break free.. a sad reality.

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 2:20 pm
I think the family probably had an attitude of "be mevater, don't rock the boat,"knowing that their son was not having the easiest time, to put it mildly, and not wanting to make things worse by stirring it up.

amother
Natural

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 2:21 pm
I really like this series as a whole, by the way. The stories are powerful, and they are presented intelligently, with careful use of language, rather than with sensationalism.

greenfire

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 2:37 pm
it happens irl too

flowerpower

Post Thu, Apr 26 2018, 2:41 pm
amother wrote:
I really like this series as a whole, by the way. The stories are powerful, and they are presented intelligently, with careful use of language, rather than with sensationalism.

Totally! I think it reminds people to acually think and to be nice to others.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room