Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
What’s the next ‘in’ thing in kitchens ?
Previous  1  2

Rubber Ducky

Post Wed, Sep 12 2018, 6:26 am
Integrated refrigerators are "in". Inset cabinets are becoming "in". Furniture-look traditional cabinets and sleek modern cabinets are both "in". Blue is "in". White is still "in". Painted is "in".

I do residential and kitchen design professionally. Please get something you love and forget about "in". "In" becomes "out".

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Sep 12 2018, 7:26 am
amother wrote:
Raised tile back geometric splashes are in.

Love these:
https://goo.gl/images/G7mXf4

nchr

Post Wed, Sep 12 2018, 9:00 am
I really recommend a farmhouse sink!

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Sep 12 2018, 9:04 am
I don't think thd kitchen you describe is "out".
I did something similar just recently because this is what I like. Love being in it.

etky

Post Wed, Sep 12 2018, 10:16 am
amother wrote:
Love these:
https://goo.gl/images/G7mXf4

Wondering about maintenance though. I think the raised tiles might be harder to clean than a smooth surface. Maybe not ideal for a backsplash.

amother
Olive

Post Wed, Sep 12 2018, 11:01 am
etky wrote:
Wondering about maintenance though. I think the raised tiles might be harder to clean than a smooth surface. Maybe not ideal for a backsplash.

I have natural white stone on the wall of my oven. Nothing in the kitchen can be harder to clean than that. We gave it a treatment, so it isn't so absorbent. But still.... The raised tile looks easier to clean.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Sep 12 2018, 11:34 am
I am currently remodeling and devoured design magazines and spent hours looking at inspiration photos.

I didn't really care about trends as I selected what I aesthetically liked which wasn't white, gray or beige. I went with caramel colored quarter sawn oak kitchen cabinets - they started installing them last week and they are more than what I hoped for when I okayed the stain. They used a chair I liked the color of to match LOL

From what I have read, while white remains popular, wood cabinets are experiencing a surge in popularity especially wth the super high end designers like Christopher Peacock which means that they will become more popular as the "masses" get on board.

Navy is extremely trendy at the moment so I would be cautious about doing a kitchen in navy unless you have absolutely craved a navy kitchen for years and so won't care when it looks "dated" because you didn't choose it because it was trendy at the moment.

I've also seen some incredible colored kitchens in unexpected colors like teal - these are sometimes done with some cabinets done in a complementary wood.

WastingTime

Post Wed, Sep 12 2018, 11:45 am
I once interviewed the CEO of a very high end kitchen company and he said white is the way to go because its classy and timeless. If you are investing in a kitchen you don't want something too trendy that will be outdated in 5 yrs.

Zehava

Post Wed, Sep 12 2018, 11:49 am
I recently chose a kitchen. Me and dh disagreed about light or dark. He wanted an airy look I was thinking of little hands all over. We ended up compromising with light on top and dark on the bottom.
Lo and behold I find out after the fact the two-tone is in!

amother
Lemon

Post Wed, Sep 12 2018, 4:38 pm
WastingTime wrote:
I once interviewed the CEO of a very high end kitchen company and he said white is the way to go because its classy and timeless. If you are investing in a kitchen you don't want something too trendy that will be outdated in 5 yrs.

I totally agree with you. Also, white will always look fresh and bright and never dark n' dull.
My kitchen was redone two years ago and I chose white glossy cupboards. It looks fantastic and the best part is, it will never look outdated.

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Sep 12 2018, 5:16 pm
Black and gold is very in.

stillnewlywed

Post Wed, Sep 12 2018, 7:21 pm
amother wrote:
Jewel tones, dark green or navy especially. Gold-toned hardware. Statement faucets. Matte black.

This!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics