Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Starting a new job tomorrow and really nervous

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Apr 30 2018, 6:25 pm
A bit background.
We are going through a big financial difficulty it has been going on for many years.
We have friends who have given us so much chesed my husband and I really don't understand why.
They have given us big ticket items and raised quit a lot of money for us.
I have a part time job which I really love. I am learning new things in the job and I am hoping that my boss will give me more work because if it.
I am also looking to open a business but of course if there is very little money it will take time.
My boss that I work for now is in a professional setting but he is very easy going and I don't have to be very professional when I talk to the clients he wants it to be a relaxed friendly atmosphere which I like.

Now our friend offered me a job at his practice. It is totally out of my field I know nothing of it and it is really not something I am good in.
Also he is very business like and professional .

I am so afraid to work in such an environment and for this person.
As it is he has seen me at my worst when we were talking about how I have to come up with whole load of money I just burst into tears.
I am having such reservations about working for him but I felt I couldn't say no because he is doing so much for us.

Just needed to vent and see if any kind amother has any words of wisdom for me.

littleprincess

Post Mon, Apr 30 2018, 6:56 pm
No words of wisdom . Just wanna wish u the best of luck .
Just close your eyes and believe this is what Hashem wants from u and be'ezrat hashem you will be very successful .
Hope u get a good night of sleep so u can start your day feeling amazing

ra_mom

Post Mon, Apr 30 2018, 7:00 pm
Wishing you tremendous Mazel on the new job! May it be a vessel of Shefa and Bracha for you! And build up your knowledge and confidence.

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Apr 30 2018, 7:10 pm
There are plenty of us here, including myself, that have gone back to work after being a SAHM for years.

I didn't tell anyone I was working for a while. I didn't think I would last. Bh the job worked out really well.

Hatzlocha. Remember that your boss believes that you are qualified for the job.

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Apr 30 2018, 7:46 pm
You can do this! It’s easier to be professional than it looks. Much easier. Put yourself together (wear something that makes you feel smart), practice your smile, and always be polite and stay on task and topic. That’s most of it. I’m sure someone will train you in and you will do great. This job might even boost your confidence Smile

amother
Amber

Post Mon, Apr 30 2018, 7:58 pm
amother wrote:
A bit background.
We are going through a big financial difficulty it has been going on for many years.
We have friends who have given us so much chesed my husband and I really don't understand why.
They have given us big ticket items and raised quit a lot of money for us.
I have a part time job which I really love. I am learning new things in the job and I am hoping that my boss will give me more work because if it.
I am also looking to open a business but of course if there is very little money it will take time.
My boss that I work for now is in a professional setting but he is very easy going and I don't have to be very professional when I talk to the clients he wants it to be a relaxed friendly atmosphere which I like.

Now our friend offered me a job at his practice. It is totally out of my field I know nothing of it and it is really not something I am good in.
Also he is very business like and professional .

I am so afraid to work in such an environment and for this person.
As it is he has seen me at my worst when we were talking about how I have to come up with whole load of money I just burst into tears.
I am having such reservations about working for him but I felt I couldn't say no because he is doing so much for us.

Just needed to vent and see if any kind amother has any words of wisdom for me.

Being professional and being relaxed and friendly aren't opposites. Perhaps your new boss is just very formal in his communication - and wants you to maintain his formal tone?

You'll do great.

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Apr 30 2018, 11:31 pm
Thank you all for the encouragement.
I am sick in bed with strep so I really hope I will be up to working in an office tomorrow
I am on antioniotics so I hope it kicks in tomorrow.

crust

Post Mon, Apr 30 2018, 11:45 pm
amother wrote:
Thank you all for the encouragement.
I am sick in bed with strep so I really hope I will be up to working in an office tomorrow
I am on antioniotics so I hope it kicks in tomorrow.

Wow. I get step from stress. A refuah shliema!

Is it possible that your new boss thinks more of you than you think of yourself?
I don't think he'd offer to hire you (especially being that you have a job) if he wouldn't really think that you are a valuable asset to his practice.
Feel better and feel better about yourself! You are going to do great!
Good luck.

cozyblanket

Post Tue, May 01 2018, 12:10 am
Hashem led you to this job.

BeH you will look back at this change as the start of a new wonderful chapter of opportunity for you and your family.

I'm so excited for you!

I wish you a lot of rest and a refuah shelayma.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics