Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Lakewood-Girls High Schools 2018-2019

amother
Lime

Post Thu, May 03 2018, 11:04 pm
Wondering if anyone knows about acceptance letters. Last year there was a thread that got up to 197 replies regarding this question. This year it is quiet... Please share any info you may have. Thanks

amother
Lime

Post Thu, May 03 2018, 11:06 pm
Just to clarify the question: When are acceptance letters going out? And what is the general situation with getting all girls into high school?

amother
Azure

Post Fri, May 04 2018, 12:28 am
Everyone’s whispering things they heard but I doubt most are true facts. I’m guesing the only ones who really know when the letters will be sent are the high school principals/administrators /secretaries.

I heard many girls are still not placed and they’re waiting till they can sort it out before sending any letters. Then I heard that they’ll send letters tomorrow even though many girls won’t get. Then I heard only siblings will get letters. The rumors are endless.

Notsobusy

Post Fri, May 04 2018, 10:39 am
I don't have an 8th grader this year, so I haven't heard too many rumors yet. What's with the new high school, are people applying there? I've heard good things about the principal and the people running it and I really hope it takes off. We need another school desperately!

Chayalle

Post Fri, May 04 2018, 10:49 am
I also heard that the new high school will be great, and I know some of the people who are running it. They have my highest vote of confidence. If I had an oldest in 8th grade, I'd feel good sending my child to any school that they run. I wish them much Hatzlacha - it's so brave and takes so much grit to open a high school in Lakewood.

I wish all 8th graders (my two nieces included, though they are not oldests) much Hatzlacha with high school acceptances. Everyone should end up in a school that is really suitable for them, and have good and productive years there.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Fri, May 04 2018, 11:09 am
Who is opening a new school?

debsey

Post Fri, May 04 2018, 3:16 pm
Chayalle wrote:
I also heard that the new high school will be great, and I know some of the people who are running it. They have my highest vote of confidence. If I had an oldest in 8th grade, I'd feel good sending my child to any school that they run. I wish them much Hatzlacha - it's so brave and takes so much grit to open a high school in Lakewood.

I wish all 8th graders (my two nieces included, though they are not oldests) much Hatzlacha with high school acceptances. Everyone should end up in a school that is really suitable for them, and have good and productive years there.

Which new school? I didn't hear of any. I guess I'm out of that stage already with my big ones.

imamothertoo

Post Fri, May 04 2018, 4:28 pm
Bais Kaila and Oros acceptance letters were received today. I'm not certain if only siblings got letters or if others did.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 8:45 am
We got an acceptance letter b'h but I have to let them know basically right away if we're sending there. The question is, how do I know if I'm getting acceptance letters from any of the other schools I applied to? Also, if I register at the place that already accepted me, then do the other schools and/or the Vaad find out and then take me out of the running to get into the other schools? So confusing... any help is appreciated.

keym

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 9:51 am
amother wrote:
We got an acceptance letter b'h but I have to let them know basically right away if we're sending there. The question is, how do I know if I'm getting acceptance letters from any of the other schools I applied to? Also, if I register at the place that already accepted me, then do the other schools and/or the Vaad find out and then take me out of the running to get into the other schools? So confusing... any help is appreciated.

Im not there yet. Following cuz we are a yr or two away. But ive heard you should reach out to her teacher, principal, or if there is a placement coordinator. Tell them we got into x. Ideally we want to go to y. What do they say. Use that as a starting point. Today.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 10:24 am
Keym, great idea, thanks so much for your help!

keym

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 10:34 am
Pleasure. Do me a favor let me know what the school says. Like I said im almost at that parsha and would love to know what actually works.

Chayalle

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 11:26 am
debsey wrote:
Which new school? I didn't hear of any. I guess I'm out of that stage already with my big ones.

I heard that a new school, Aderet BY, is being opened by the Drillmans. She used to be a TC director in Camp Shira. I know her for years, she's a wonderful person and really knows teens, too!

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 11:31 am
Chayalle wrote:
I heard that a new school, Aderet BY, is being opened by the Drillmans. She used to be a TC director in Camp Shira. I know her for years, she's a wonderful person and really knows teens, too!

Really? Chaya Meira? She's awesome. I worked with her closely in camp. I'd send to her school. But I have several years to go before HS Very Happy

Chayalle

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 11:37 am
amother wrote:
Really? Chaya Meira? She's awesome. I worked with her closely in camp. I'd send to her school. But I have several years to go before HS Very Happy

Exactly my reaction when I heard she was opening a school.

amother
Amethyst

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 12:18 pm
Does anyone know if Aderes sent out acceptance letters yet?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics