Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
JOOC - flatbush girl

amother
Yellow

Post Mon, May 07 2018, 10:56 pm
does she wear a wig and pull out hair in front or does she not cover?

flowerpower

Post Mon, May 07 2018, 10:57 pm
She wears a wig.

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, May 07 2018, 11:03 pm
I’m sorry op. This is yentish to the max. You make an entire post asking about a specific REAL person’s hair covering?! Why is this ok? She is a person. I’m honestly disturbed by this, and no I don’t agree with probably majority of the things she does. But this is just too much.

naturalmom5

Post Mon, May 07 2018, 11:20 pm
amother wrote:
does she wear a wig and pull out hair in front or does she not cover?

JOOC.... Are you trying to be machshil all of us to spread Loshon Hora on a worldwide forum

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 9:03 am
Why so judgy? Maybe OP wants to learn how to get her wig to look like that if it's a wig?

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 9:13 am
In defense of op: FG is a public figure. That's very different than asking about a private individual.
In addition, if I remember well, FG mentioned her wig on one of her videos. It's what flowerpower said.
I love the natural look :-)

octopus

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 9:29 am
amother wrote:
In defense of op: FG is a public figure. That's very different than asking about a private individual.
In addition, if I remember well, FG mentioned her wig on one of her videos. It's what flowerpower said.
I love the natural look :-)

and it's okay to talk about a public figure? I don't remember learning that in hilchos lashon hara. Scratching Head

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 9:37 am
naturalmom5 wrote:
JOOC.... Are you trying to be machshil all of us to spread Loshon Hora on a worldwide forum

It's lh if you believe wigs are a "bad" thing.
If op were to ask bout Satmar Rebbe's bekishe, whether it's a real or fake fur lapel, would that be lh too (from your perspective)?

amother
Teal

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 10:37 am
If you're so curious, why not ask her yourself instead of asking other people?

amother
Cyan

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 10:50 am
Being mean to op can be ona'as devarim.

giselle

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 10:56 am
amother wrote:
Being mean to op can be ona'as devarim.

You’re so right. And I want to add that there are instagrammers out there who encourage people to “yent” about them and literally say so straight out. Whether or not we should is a different story, and I don’t know the halachos, but many of them literally ask for it. I don’t know about Flatbushgirl, as I don’t really check out her page often.

naturalmom5

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 11:10 am
amother wrote:
It's lh if you believe wigs are a "bad" thing.
If op were to ask bout Satmar Rebbe's bekishe, whether it's a real or fake fur lapel, would that be lh too (from your perspective)?

My mother always said lie to the whole world but don't lie to yourself
Only OP knows her intentions
Based on all my years on ImaMother and IRL conversations it sounded derogatory
Whereas my husband and my sons told me that they never heard anyone ask about the SR bekeshe in a derogatory way
Try again Very Happy

amother
Rose

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 11:16 am
amother wrote:
Why so judgy? Maybe OP wants to learn how to get her wig to look like that if it's a wig?

No. She asked "just out of curiosity"

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 11:25 am
OP here, I am simply curious. I follow her on instagram and I clearly see hair in front and also in some pics I see a natural looking part so I thought ok she doesnt cover (I couldnt care less eeither way. I dont know in which circles she runs.) but then in other pics it's obvious that she does cover (with a wig) so I was wondering maybe she does it always then how she gets such a natural look. I agree its yentish but im not judging in any way - just wanted to know. and if the answer is she covers in some pics and not in others, k, good for her. I really dont care if she does or doesnt, just wanna know for myself and found it intereseting that covered could look so natural.

amother
Rose

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 12:17 pm
amother wrote:
OP here, I am simply curious. I follow her on instagram and I clearly see hair in front and also in some pics I see a natural looking part so I thought ok she doesnt cover (I couldnt care less eeither way. I dont know in which circles she runs.) but then in other pics it's obvious that she does cover (with a wig) so I was wondering maybe she does it always then how she gets such a natural look. I agree its yentish but im not judging in any way - just wanted to know. and if the answer is she covers in some pics and not in others, k, good for her. I really dont care if she does or doesnt, just wanna know for myself and found it intereseting that covered could look so natural.

Yes its yentish. Discussions about women's headcoverings, and the suggestion that someone isn't.. is inflammatory - even if it wasn't your intent.

Have you tried asking flatbush girl directly?

gold21

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 12:22 pm
I'm 99 percent sure that she pulls her hair out in front, and over, her wig, giving her a natural hairline while wearing a wig. Imagine clipping your wig in just behind your hairline and pulling your real hair over your wig so the whole front hairline blends in.

amother
Mauve

Post Tue, May 08 2018, 12:30 pm
amother wrote:
Yes its yentish. Discussions about women's headcoverings, and the suggestion that someone isn't.. is inflammatory - even if it wasn't your intent.

Have you tried asking flatbush girl directly?

it's ok that OP is asking. She wants to be talked about
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics