Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Gifting to someone in Israel

noosheen

Post Thu, May 17 2018, 4:42 pm
My Neice had a baby boy. Lives in Israel.
I live across the ocean and want to send a gift online that she has use for in Israel.
Thinking of an amazon gift card.
Any other suggestions??

Want to give something EASY. &
Not a whole complicated thing ie redeeming card, not recognized in another country etc.

essie14

Post Fri, May 18 2018, 12:56 am
Amazon doesn’t deliver everything to Israel and anything shipped from overseas above $75 is subject to tax which she would have to pay out of pocket.
There’s a baby store called shilav which is all over the country. You can buy a gift card for her to use there.
Www.shilav.co.il

There are also many Israeli baby stores which ship anywhere. Are you sure there’s not a specific item you know she needs?
Happy to help you find good prices if you cant navigate the Hebrew.
I bought most of my baby gear here, doing price comparison on www.zap.co.il
And the store would ship to my door.

Otherwise, good ol’ $$$ is the most helpful.

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, May 18 2018, 3:29 am
Essie14, since when does Amazon ship anything to Israel? I'd love to find out what's available!

OP, you can send a gift card through "Borderfree", and they will ship anywhere. If she likes books, "Book Depository" will ship to Israel for FREE.

Iymnok

Post Fri, May 18 2018, 4:05 am
If you want to buy clothes, you can order from next. Free shipping to Israel over 100nis. Over $300 gets taxed.

essie14

Post Fri, May 18 2018, 5:13 am
Iymnok wrote:
If you want to buy clothes, you can order from next. Free shipping to Israel over 100nis. Over $300 gets taxed.

Over $75 gets taxed which is about NIS 260.

essie14

Post Fri, May 18 2018, 5:15 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Essie14, since when does Amazon ship anything to Israel? I'd love to find out what's available!

OP, you can send a gift card through "Borderfree", and they will ship anywhere. If she likes books, "Book Depository" will ship to Israel for FREE.

Go to Amazon.com. On the left side it will say Ship to [your default address]. Switch this to Israel.
Search for what you want and it will show what ships.
Or go to Today's Deals.
Shipping will not be free. But they do ship many items to Israel.

noosheen

Post Fri, May 18 2018, 5:25 am
essie14 wrote:
Amazon doesn’t deliver everything to Israel and anything shipped from overseas above $75 is subject to tax which she would have to pay out of pocket.
There’s a baby store called shilav which is all over the country. You can buy a gift card for her to use there.
Www.shilav.co.il

There are also many Israeli baby stores which ship anywhere. Are you sure there’s not a specific item you know she needs?
Happy to help you find good prices if you cant navigate the Hebrew.
I bought most of my baby gear here, doing price comparison on www.zap.co.il
And the store would ship to my door.

Otherwise, good ol’ $$$ is the most helpful.

If I go on the shilav site everything is in Hebrew. I’m not fluent in Hebrew. And don’t have a Hebrew keyboard. Is there a way to turn it into English?

essie14

Post Fri, May 18 2018, 5:37 am
noosheen wrote:
If I go on the shilav site everything is in Hebrew. I’m not fluent in Hebrew. And don’t have a Hebrew keyboard. Is there a way to turn it into English?

If you use Chrome, right click and select Translate to English

Teomima

Post Fri, May 18 2018, 8:35 am
essie14 wrote:
Go to Amazon.com. On the left side it will say Ship to [your default address]. Switch this to Israel.
Search for what you want and it will show what ships.
Or go to Today's Deals.
Shipping will not be free. But they do ship many items to Israel.

It's expensive, it takes a long time, there could be high taxes to pay on it, and/or it can get stuck in customs. I love Amazon when I have someone to bring the items in for me, but as an Israeli I would not appreciate an Amazon gift card. Too much of it would get wasted in shipping costs.

If buying internationally, Israelis often tend to buy books from bookdepository, pharmaceutical/beauty products from iherb, clothes from nextdirect, and all else from aliexpress.

I agree with the above poster who suggested a gift card to Shilav or another Israeli company. That way your niece doesn't lose half your gift to exorbitant shipping prices.

LisaS

Post Mon, May 21 2018, 5:54 am
The old fashioned way is to pick out a cute outfit and send it in the mail. She will probably be excited to get something she couldn't buy locally. If you are worried about her taste in outfits it could be a nice baby bath towel, blanket with name, etc.

yomomf

Post Mon, May 21 2018, 11:23 am
there are plenty of places that will send her a gourmet breakfast as a treat and places like snugs n hugs where you can order blankets, clothes, pacifier clips etc.
If she lives in Yerushalayim head over heels has cute headbands and accessories, I'm sure you could call and get a gift certificate.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics