Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Are pinworms really impossible to get rid of??

amother
Forestgreen

Post Thu, May 24 2018, 9:11 pm
Just found out my daughter has pinworms and I’m itchy there too:((( we both took the Pin Away OTC and I washed all the sheets and vacuumed but after googling a bit I’m freaking out. Most ppl are writing how they’ve had it for years and once in your system always in your system...please help! Just had a baby and seriously it’s all I can think about I’m getting so overwhelmed!!!!!

Chanala1

Post Thu, May 24 2018, 10:10 pm
There's an over the counter liquid (pinworm treatment) that u take, u take 1 serving right away and the next, 14 days later, we dealt with it too... Wash toilet seats constantly with Clorox wipes, and hands with soap!

amother
Forestgreen

Post Fri, May 25 2018, 12:49 am
Did that work to get rid of it or does it keep coming back? Do I need to wash the down blankets or just the duvet covers? Going crazy!!

Teomima

Post Fri, May 25 2018, 4:26 am
You shouldn't need to go crazy washing bedding, unless your child is scratching their bum. But if you don't stick your hands in your underwear, the eggs aren't leaving the area and getting all over the bed. Sleep in underwear and pants, carefully take them off in the morning inside the shower, rolling it up tight before tossing it straight into the washing machine. Wash thoroughly with soap and water to clear any worms and eggs, toss the towel in the wash too. Do this every single morning. Meanwhile yes, take the prescribed medication. The idea is to end the cycle. The medication kills the existing worms, the repeat dose after two weeks does the same, and the extreme hygiene in the meantime helps avoid reinfestation.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Fri, May 25 2018, 9:33 am
My daughter has a thing against pants pjs and only wears nightgowns she kept telling me she’s not itchy anymore but when I told her we need to shower in morning to get rid of eggs she said I’m just ticklish there:( ahhh I can’t deal with this now Sad it’s 3 days since we took the medicine and I’m still seeing worms is that normal???

amother
Aqua

Post Fri, May 25 2018, 9:36 am
amother wrote:
My daughter has a thing against pants pjs and only wears nightgowns she kept telling me she’s not itchy anymore but when I told her we need to shower in morning to get rid of eggs she said I’m just ticklish there:( ahhh I can’t deal with this now Sad it’s 3 days since we took the medicine and I’m still seeing worms is that normal???

I don't think it's normal to still be seeing live worms, they should die pretty quickly with the medicine. We did one round of the OTC Reese's pinworm medicine and b"H b"H b"H didn't have a recurrence, so yes, it's possible to get rid of them!

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, May 25 2018, 10:05 am
VERMOX!

It's the only thing that has ever worked for us.

flowerpower

Post Fri, May 25 2018, 10:07 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
VERMOX!

It's the only thing that has ever worked for us.

They are no longer available!!!!

MiracleMama

Post Fri, May 25 2018, 10:15 am
Homeopathic Cina was very effective for both my daughters. Gone within 10 days and never came back.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Fri, May 25 2018, 10:22 am
So happy to hear!
I don’t know if they are alive I did tape test but they aren’t moving.....

Teomima

Post Fri, May 25 2018, 10:50 am
flowerpower wrote:

You can't get Vermox anymore? It's still prescribed in Israel...

Ruchel

Post Fri, May 25 2018, 10:52 am
I'm so puzzled

Metukah

Post Fri, May 25 2018, 10:54 am
flowerpower wrote:

They are available in England (and Israel it seems). I wonder why not in USA?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, May 27 2018, 9:11 pm
I just got the pin drops I saw recommended on a different thread and now I googled and it says Wormwood not safe for baby when nursing! The man from the company told me it was ok. Anyone know anything about wormwood? Should I pump and dump?? Going crazy this is never ending!!!

amother
Coral

Post Mon, May 28 2018, 7:23 am
We didn't use medication when DD had pinworms. What worked for our DD was eating an ounce or two of pumpkin seeds everyday, and taking garlic. After a week the problem was gone, but she kept this routine up for 7-10 days or so. B"ah she never had pinworms since.

They say the over the counter stuff isn't completely effective against the eggs. I forget what the garlic does, but pumpkin seeds inebriate and kill off the larvae and adult pinworms. By killing off the larvae before they have a chance to lay eggs, the problem naturally resolves itself. No eggs=no pinworms.

Yes we cleaned very well, but you'll find that if the body is an unfriendly environment to the pinworms (and garlic and pumpkin seeds make it that), you won't keep getting reinfected, because the eggs will die off before they have a chance to hatch, and and larvae that does hatch dies before laying its eggs.

Hope this helps!

ra_mom

Post Mon, May 28 2018, 9:09 am
Vermox is not available for a couple of years already. I don't know why. The generic mebendazole is still available but doesn't work as well.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics