Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Does ur baby girl have earrings?
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

SuperWify

Post Sun, May 27 2018, 10:37 am
So grateful my mom peirced my ears when I was an infant and I don’t remember any of it! She did that for all of us girls, except one child - I dont know why- she waited until she was three and it was a disaster. She kept pulling her earrings out and the holes closed. She ended up repeircing her ears three times...

I can’t wait for a baby girl! I’m going to peirce them at two- three months me thinks.

flowerpower

Post Sun, May 27 2018, 11:33 am
Mine got them pierced at 3 weeks old. Small dainty little studs. Never has an issue.

studying_torah

Post Sun, May 27 2018, 11:46 am
Everyone in my family has issues with infections or allergies to earrings. I didn't want to pierce my kids ears until they can tell me if they are in pain, and until they can take care of them.
I got one dd at around age 7 or 8 and even with proper care the hole got infected and closed up.
We had to re-pierce them a few years later. Haven't done it for any of my other girls yet.
(I got mine pierced at 17 and I still cannot wear earrings for more than a few hours without pain. my holes get red and itchy, even w 14 kt gold)

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, May 27 2018, 11:47 am
Ruchel wrote:
Definitely not a given.
As for peds, in my country they would kick you out and say they're not there for beauty stuff.

By us I would get kicked out with a lot of mussar. Officially it's elegal till 2/3 years. (they normally don't do anything if you do it earlier)

amother
Salmon

Post Sun, May 27 2018, 11:50 am
amother wrote:
Babies are pure and adorable without earings.
I made earings for my dd when she asked for it. She was 3. I let her choose from a few. And most amazing was that she didn't cry at all. She wanted it (just like me) and I was excited about it. But I told her it was going to hurt a little like an injection. She was big enough to decide she wanted it without crying when it hurt. I was really proud of her.

If you decide not to make her earings, you can use body stickers for the meantime. It's rather expensive for just a sticker but really nice. I put it on my baby for my siblings wedding and everyone asked me when I made her earings. They where all surprised when I told them it's a sticker. I used it whenever I was in the mood. And I had a lot to choose from. I had pearls, I had little diamonds. And also colored stones

Where do you get them??

Fabulous

Post Sun, May 27 2018, 11:51 am
I did my daughter's at 5 days old. A friend of the family has a store and does it and did it at her house with such gentle love and caring. I nursed her the minute it was done and all was well. Bli ayin Hara, I never had her pulling at it etc.. because she doesn't know a time without earrings.

amother
Red

Post Sun, May 27 2018, 11:51 am
My aunt took me to get my ears pierced for my 9th birthday. I was excited to get them done and don't remember the pain.

I refused to pierce my girls' ears as babies. If they want to then they can get them done when they're old enough to take care of them themselves. My oldest is 10 and has no interest in earrings and my next oldest girl is too young still so we'll see.

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, May 27 2018, 11:55 am
studying_torah wrote:
Everyone in my family has issues with infections or allergies to earrings. I didn't want to pierce my kids ears until they can tell me if they are in pain, and until they can take care of them.
I got one dd at around age 7 or 8 and even with proper care the hole got infected and closed up.
We had to re-pierce them a few years later. Haven't done it for any of my other girls yet.
(I got mine pierced at 17 and I still cannot wear earrings for more than a few hours without pain. my holes get red and itchy, even w 14 kt gold)
you probably tried a lot of things already but I wanto share this with you in case it helps you...
Try disinfecting the earings every time before you use it. Also before putting it in put cream against infection (I put a cream that is for eye infections. It's a gentle cream against infections). If you always use it like this you might be able to wear it a little longer

icebreaker

Post Sun, May 27 2018, 11:57 am
Nope. None of my girls have their ears pierced, although my teenager has been talking about it but admits she probably won’t wear earrings enough for it to make sense to actually get her ears pierced lol.

amother
Taupe

Post Sun, May 27 2018, 12:19 pm
My husband also was of the opinion that our daughters be at least bat mitzvah age when they would get their ear pierced (if they wanted) so that's what we did.
Of course they wanted so at age 12 they got them pierced and they were very excited about it.
I actually think that earrings look adorable on babies but I respected my husbands' wishes. It wasn't so hard for me to wait. I think I was 16 when I got my ears pierced.

yidisheh mama

Post Sun, May 27 2018, 12:40 pm
Got dds ears pierced when she was a week old. She didn't really cry at all.
Earrings add so much to a face. I think young girls (not babies, but 3,4+) need to have earrings. It's a small thing that makes a huge difference.

Tzutzie

Post Sun, May 27 2018, 12:49 pm
amother wrote:
About "it doesn't hurt babies":
https://www.webmd.com/parentin.....mated (tl;dr - babies don't always SHOW pain even when they feel it)

Both my kids got theirs pierced at a few days old.
One of my kids slept thru it....
The other winced and that was it.....

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, May 27 2018, 1:20 pm
Of course babies are gorgeous and don't "need" earrings.

The reason to have their ears pierced as babies is to make the whole thing a non-issue for them: No fear, no memory of the fear, no constant telling them to stop touching, no dealing with infections.

It's a non-memory and a non-issue.

studying_torah

Post Sun, May 27 2018, 2:39 pm
Thank you amother yellow, that's what I do now to be able to wear earrings at all! If I don't, I get immediate problems.

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, May 27 2018, 2:50 pm
studying_torah wrote:
Thank you amother yellow, that's what I do now to be able to wear earrings at all! If I don't, I get immediate problems.

I also have very bad allergic reactions to gold and surgical steel.

I recently discovered that I have no issues with niobium, even after some time. I suspect that what they call surgical steel still has traces of other metals.

These are what I've been using:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....psc=1

and a pair of needle nose pliers to get the earrings out of the original posts and onto the niobium.

Balabroomstick

Post Sun, May 27 2018, 3:03 pm
I pierced my baby’s ears at 2 months old when the nerves aren’t yet developed. She cried from the sound not from the pain. Also if you are worried about her feeling it you can buy Emla (numbing cream) and put big blobs on either side of her ears half hour prior and it will guarantee her no pain!

Iymnok

Post Sun, May 27 2018, 3:11 pm
amother wrote:
I also have very bad allergic reactions to gold and surgical steel.

I recently discovered that I have no issues with niobium, even after some time. I suspect that what they call surgical steel still has traces of other metals.

These are what I've been using:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....psc=1

and a pair of needle nose pliers to get the earrings out of the original posts and onto the niobium.

I do the same thing with platinum hooks. It’s so nice to wear earrings the whole shabbos.
Also if you find posts that work, get silicon backs.

LovesHashem

Post Sun, May 27 2018, 4:00 pm
I got them at 3 weeks old. Super thankful, I hate pain.
So glad I do not remember it.
Will do the same for my daughters bezrat hashem.

invisiblecircus

Post Sun, May 27 2018, 4:57 pm
My girls (6 and 1) have not got their ears pierced. I won't let them get them pierced until they're old enough to have it done without my permission. I don't like how it looks and have never had mine pierced.

amother
Linen

Post Sun, May 27 2018, 5:28 pm
This depends if your chasidish. Chasidim pierce baby’s ears early, some already in kimpeturin homes! Most other people wait until preschool age or older.
Page 3 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics