Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
I am just DONE
1  2  Next

amother
Oak

Post Tue, May 29 2018, 2:04 pm
I am just DONE. Done. Done. Done.
Another moment of this DREADFULLY, PAINFULLY BORING work, and I will SNAP. Literally. The sheer torture of my mind doing NOTHING for so long, just skittering, and scampering and bouncing on it's head and toes, bumping into walls, smashing chandeliers.

I CAN'T. I CAN'T. CAN'T. CAN'T. CAN'T.

But God- to uproot myself??????! I CAN'T DO THAT EITHER. UGH. I am trapped in this misery. My mind is turning to jelly. My brain is rotting. Soon it will grow moldy. If it isn't yet.

HELP. HELP. HELP!!

Ok. I don't know if this is a vent. A rant. A cry. A scream. Or maybe all.

I just know I CAN'T ANYMORE. ARRRRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHH.

ssspectacular

Post Tue, May 29 2018, 2:06 pm
Wow! this sounds really awful. Don't stay trapped. Please try to help yourself. (Talking to myself as well)

enneamom

Post Tue, May 29 2018, 2:14 pm
Hey, you sound like you would make a good writer! Wink Maybe in the more boring moments, start your first short story and submit it to a few places.

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, May 29 2018, 2:19 pm
I was too and I quit. Of course, I had something else lined up. I know it may seem scary and daunting just thinking about starting over but it isn’t fair to yourself to stay in a work place that makes you feel the way you do. My former workplace was taking a real mental toll on me and I just knew I had to leave. BH I am in a much more positive work environment. I don’t get paid as much but I am much happier about going to work every morning. My coworkers are great people. I finally feel like I’ve found my forever home away from home.

amother
Oak

Post Tue, May 29 2018, 2:23 pm
enneamom wrote:
Hey, you sound like you would make a good writer! Wink Maybe in the more boring moments, start your first short story and submit it to a few places.

Gee, thanks. I am a good writer, but that has got me nowhere. I've submitted stuff a few times. And got rejected a few times. Crying

amother
Oak

Post Tue, May 29 2018, 2:26 pm
amother wrote:
I was too and I quit. Of course, I had something else lined up. I know it may seem scary and daunting just thinking about starting over but it isn’t fair to yourself to stay in a work place that makes you feel the way you do. My former workplace was taking a real mental toll on me and I just knew I had to leave. BH I am in a much more positive work environment. I don’t get paid as much but I am much happier about going to work every morning. My coworkers are great people. I finally feel like I’ve found my forever home away from home.

Thing is my workplace is lovely. I work with some really great people.

The work is just MINDNUMBING. And now it reached an all time low, or is high?

I feel like I'm suffocating. And I can no longer just drag, drag, drag, drag this on.

enneamom

Post Tue, May 29 2018, 2:30 pm
amother wrote:
Gee, thanks. I am a good writer, but that has got me nowhere. I've submitted stuff a few times. And got rejected a few times. Crying

They say to keep trying, and that every writer has a pile of rejection letters. Elizabeth Gilbert, who wrote Eat, Pray, Love, one of the best-selling books of all time, says she had 6 YEARS worth of rejection letters before she got published.

Maybe ask a friend to critique before you send things out? Or even edit.

InnerMe

Post Tue, May 29 2018, 2:47 pm
Ok, figured I'll say it under my sn, it's just more real that way (hi sis).

And yeh I know all 'bout those rejection letters etc. somehow they don't cheer me up, and don't make me want to try again.

I'm feeling really, really AWFUL right now.

And I wish for some magical fairy to come and get me, put me into a job I LOVE, something that fulfills me, and gives my brain room to soar, without banging into a million beams and getting black n' blue marks the ENTIRE DAY.

cookies6

Post Tue, May 29 2018, 2:49 pm
amother wrote:
Thing is my workplace is lovely. I work with some really great people.

The work is just MINDNUMBING. And now it reached an all time low, or is high?

I feel like I'm suffocating. And I can no longer just drag, drag, drag, drag this on.

Is there any possibility of moving to a different position within your company?

Coffee Addict

Post Tue, May 29 2018, 2:58 pm
InnerMe wrote:
Ok, figured I'll say it under my sn, it's just more real that way (hi sis).

And yeh I know all 'bout those rejection letters etc. somehow they don't cheer me up, and don't make me want to try again.

I'm feeling really, really AWFUL right now.

And I wish for some magical fairy to come and get me, put me into a job I LOVE, something that fulfills me, and gives my brain room to soar, without banging into a million beams and getting black n' blue marks the ENTIRE DAY.

I knew instantly from your op that it’s you , inner me!! Your writing skills is so distinct, you just can’t hide under a facade. 😂. I applaud you for being authentic!

Good luck! You’re doing so great 👍

LovesHashem

Post Tue, May 29 2018, 3:00 pm
I hate those rejection letters too.
Submissions are not a good source of income.

Would you be interested in doing content writing or copy writing?

InnerMe

Post Tue, May 29 2018, 3:03 pm
Coffee Addict wrote:
I knew instantly from your op that it’s you , inner me!! Your writing skills is so distinct, you just can’t hide under a facade. 😂. I applaud you for being authentic!

Good luck! You’re doing so great 👍

Wow, coffee, you managed to put a smile on my face amidst this gloom!

Didn't know my writing is so distinct...

InnerMe

Post Tue, May 29 2018, 3:05 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
I hate those rejection letters too.
Submissions are not a good source of income.

Would you be interested in doing content writing or copy writing?

I dunno.

Content writing & copy writing always sounded to me boring, and stifling. There's little room for creativity.. Is that not so?

LovesHashem

Post Tue, May 29 2018, 3:06 pm
InnerMe wrote:
I dunno.

Content writing & copy writing always sounded to me boring, and stifling. There's little room for creativity.. Is that not so?

Incorrect.
It depends what job you have.

LovesHashem

Post Tue, May 29 2018, 3:09 pm
PMed you Inner Me.
Don't respond further to me over here.
Thanks

amother
Plum

Post Tue, May 29 2018, 3:09 pm
InnerMe wrote:
I dunno.

Depends on the type of content. I’ve been a content writer for nearly 10 years now and the work can be fascinating. Sometimes I just laugh about the diversity of the topics I’ll be working on in any given week.

Of course, sometimes it’s terribly boring, and sometimes the work doesn’t come in as much as you like, and sometimes you deal with impossible and obnoxious clients. And there’s always the possibility of writer’s block! No job is perfect, but I’m thrilled to do what I do.

InnerMe

Post Tue, May 29 2018, 5:27 pm
LovesHashem wrote:
PMed you Inner Me.
Don't respond further to me over here.
Thanks

Sure. Thanks.

InnerMe

Post Tue, May 29 2018, 5:31 pm
amother wrote:
Depends on the type of content. I’ve been a content writer for nearly 10 years now and the work can be fascinating. Sometimes I just laugh about the diversity of the topics I’ll be working on in any given week.

Of course, sometimes it’s terribly boring, and sometimes the work doesn’t come in as much as you like, and sometimes you deal with impossible and obnoxious clients. And there’s always the possibility of writer’s block! No job is perfect, but I’m thrilled to do what I do.

Do you mind giving an example?

Also writing full time is not for me. If I'd do writing.. I'd do it more on the side. Writing can be lonely. Too much solitude, and brain death (that's how it feels) and my mind goes BERSERK.
Like it just did.

enneamom

Post Tue, May 29 2018, 5:33 pm
InnerMe??? How can you be bored at your job of horoscope writer/social worker/handwriting analyst? Wink

InnerMe

Post Tue, May 29 2018, 5:38 pm
enneamom wrote:
InnerMe??? How can you be bored at your job of horoscope writer/social worker/handwriting analyst? Wink

HA, HA, HA.

Sadly I am none. Just watching my brain shrivel up, and get closer to it's demise. Sad
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics