Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
New Chassidish Community in Linden
1  2  Next

Mamala1

Post Sat, Jun 02 2018, 3:15 pm
My husband would love to relocate to this new community, however I am very reluctant. So far the people living there are not my type and I would love raising my children in a torahdige environment. Maybe I'm wrong about it though.

Does anyone have information or know anyone that bought a house there? I would love to learn more about it.

amother
Sienna

Post Sat, Jun 02 2018, 5:27 pm
Mamala1 wrote:
My husband would love to relocate to this new community, however I am very reluctant. So far the people living there are not my type and I would love raising my children in a torahdige environment. Maybe I'm wrong about it though.

Does anyone have information or know anyone that bought a house there? I would love to learn more about it.

Where is Linden?

amother
Ginger

Post Sat, Jun 02 2018, 6:28 pm
amother wrote:
Where is Linden?

Pretty sure New Jersey

amother
Sapphire

Post Sat, Jun 02 2018, 6:57 pm
How about spending Shabbat in the community? Talk with people, see what the shul is like, ask specific questions about the schools. Of course, no one will say that they are "not Torahdige" but you could see how well you fit in. We visited multiple communities before deciding where to move. We're not chassidish so maybe things work a little differently, but in my experience there is usually a community hospitality committee to help set up these "pilot trips." Generally, we stayed at one family's house, and had meals with two others, who would also invite several guests, so we could meet quite a few families.

naturalmom5

Post Sat, Jun 02 2018, 7:09 pm
Just based on what I read on other threads
There are no schools or infrastructure in Linden
You have to bus your children to BP.
Its about 45 minutes each way. Not too bad

amother
Olive

Post Sat, Jun 02 2018, 7:10 pm
Linden is in NJ. There is a modern orthodox community already there. Fairly recently Chassidim started moving in. They made a men's mikvah and have their own minyan.

I am only familiar with the MO community. I just know that there is a chassidish community starting.

cnc

Post Sat, Jun 02 2018, 7:26 pm
Mamala1 wrote:

I know a few people that moved there or are moving there. They are all chassidish people there. Since you have't described yourself , it's hard to know whether or not they're your type. The people that I know are all torahdik-and some are very chassidish, Rabbi Rottenberg, the Kossoner Rav was involved in starting this community.

It;s about ten minutes from Staten Island and the people commute for school and work.

amother
Ruby

Post Sat, Jun 02 2018, 9:25 pm
Rabbl Rottenberg is my uncle very chasidish torahdig but is not in his box understands all types of pl litvish chasidish

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Jun 03 2018, 5:00 am
Is this rottenberg that lived on 45th st and 12 ave? Between 12 and 13 ave?

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Jun 03 2018, 8:10 am
He is the one that lives on the corner of 15 &44th st & his shul is on the corner of 14 ave & 44 st

amother
Emerald

Post Sun, Jun 03 2018, 8:20 am
amother wrote:
He is the one that lives on the corner of 15 &44th st & his shul is on the corner of 14 ave & 44 st

ok I know this block. there is photo factory on one side and locksmith on the other. so where exactly do you mean?

im just curious if I know them. I might. I definitely know the shul you mean. what type of crowd davens/ed there?

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Jun 03 2018, 10:08 am
They live on top of locksmith

Carmen Luna

Post Sun, Jun 03 2018, 2:53 pm
The Kossoner Rebbe from BP is the one moving to linden. He's considered by all to be a very Choshuver Rebbe, real Oved Hashem who just wants to serve Hashem far from the hustle and bustle of the city.
But definitely very frum in a Chassidishe way. OP, if your not Chassidish I don't know if you"ll like it. Find out more about it from Kosson

Carmen Luna

Post Sun, Jun 03 2018, 2:56 pm
amother wrote:
Rabbl Rottenberg is my uncle very chasidish torahdig but is not in his box understands all types of pl litvish chasidish

All the Rottenbergs are like that being that they grew up in the Bronx.
It's cute to see how a Rebbe in a gold bekitche uses expressions like "Rome wasn't built in a day"

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Jun 03 2018, 3:38 pm
That’s him so down to earth normal not chuyakish

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Jun 05 2018, 2:15 pm
Anyone know someone I can call for more detailed info?

amother
Emerald

Post Tue, Jun 05 2018, 2:33 pm
Call rabbi rottenberg s rebetzin and speak to her, ask her for names of people.

amother
Wheat

Post Tue, Jun 05 2018, 3:06 pm
Do you have her number?

amother
Ruby

Post Tue, Jun 05 2018, 7:42 pm

amother
Wheat

Post Thu, Jun 07 2018, 12:53 pm
Thank you very much.

She was so helpful and friendly.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating