Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Why are prices for "affordable mountain retreat" secret?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Jul 01 2018, 4:37 pm
It was advertised in one of the local circulars with the price.
One week without food = $dash dash dash dash.

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Jul 01 2018, 4:38 pm
debsey wrote:
Chill, everyone.....
it's a low-budget way of building up a mailing list that they can then use for future products they might pitch to the same people.

That's exactly what's annoying - trying to finagle people's information for their own benefit. If they want to create a mailing list, they should provide an option where people can choose to join and not be forced into it.

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Jul 01 2018, 4:39 pm
debsey wrote:
Chill, everyone.....
it's a low-budget way of building up a mailing list that they can then use for future products they might pitch to the same people.

Of course. So you give something valuable which will definitely be used (the email address of a customer belonging to a specific demographic) in return for information which may or may not be of any value. Hardly an equal transaction.

nk

Post Sun, Jul 01 2018, 6:49 pm
Please see our pricing in this thread.

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....42247

We apologize for any misunderstanding this may have caused.

Thanks!

[link fixed- Yael]

studying_torah

Post Sun, Jul 01 2018, 6:50 pm
Broken link

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Jul 01 2018, 6:53 pm
studying_torah wrote:
Broken link

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....42247

nk

Post Sun, Jul 01 2018, 6:54 pm
amother wrote:
https://www.imamother.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=342247

Thank you!

dancingqueen

Post Sun, Jul 01 2018, 8:07 pm
She’s actually doing a great job of drumming up interest, there are at least three threads now about this vacation.

real israeli

Post Sun, Jul 01 2018, 8:45 pm
They sent me pricing by pm - I did not provide an email address. I don't know the reason but it was not bad or underhand intentions. It's actually cheaper than the pesach programs. I do think it's more than just going to a hotel on your own which is what I usually would do and I'm not sure why it's worth more when they don't provide the food - but that's my opinion - nothing malicious on their part.

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Jul 01 2018, 9:59 pm
She gave me pricing via pm. It drove me more away...to secretive for me. Not sure y u can't just Google and get pricing like other programs. I think it's very sketchy.

agreer

Post Mon, Jul 02 2018, 12:07 am
I think it's their first time doing it, so they made some mistakes. Let them be.

Pricing seems very affordable. Wish I lived nearby.

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Jul 02 2018, 12:18 am
Wow! People are really being harsh!

When someone posted it is like pesach prices I assumed it is outrageously unaffordable. I just looked at the pricing and thought it was extremely reasonable. The food prices as well.

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Jul 02 2018, 12:26 am
real israeli wrote:
They sent me pricing by pm - I did not provide an email address. I don't know the reason but it was not bad or underhand intentions. It's actually cheaper than the pesach programs. I do think it's more than just going to a hotel on your own which is what I usually would do and I'm not sure why it's worth more when they don't provide the food - but that's my opinion - nothing malicious on their part.

The resort which is 'hosting' this program very likely requires the pricing to be private. (It's not a hotel).

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Jul 02 2018, 1:00 am
pesek zman wrote:
This is not an unusual practice. Most pesach programs do the same.

But they dont tie it to your Imamother username, where youve poured out your heart and guts about sensitive issues. This is insane.

Yes yes yes, no one will research who is who.. yes yes yes.

What

amother
Fuchsia

Post Mon, Jul 02 2018, 1:07 am
As mentioned earlier, they hadn't realized the way it would feel to members, and since posted the prices.

naturalmom5

Post Mon, Jul 02 2018, 1:24 am
amother wrote:
Wow! People are really being harsh!

When someone posted it is like pesach prices I assumed it is outrageously unaffordable. I just looked at the pricing and thought it was extremely reasonable. The food prices as well.

I suppose reasonable is relative. If you take the cheapest unit offered here for a week and do one or two activities and just take a soup and sandwich for lunch daily , plus delux Shabbos for 3. The price comes to about the same I paid for Pesach.

But I got about 100 times the food and nightly top-name entertainment...

Ruchel

Post Mon, Jul 02 2018, 3:45 am
amother wrote:
Most of these programs require you to fill out some info to get rates. By seeing your name, address etc they get an idea if you will 'fit in' to the crowd.

How else do they keep the program 'heimish'?

WOW. OMG. Not in Europe.

Raisin

Post Mon, Jul 02 2018, 5:59 am
The prices seemed fairly reasonable to me for a self catering luxury accommodation located near fun activities.

If you take all your own food it could be affordable.

How much is it to rent a (nice) bungalow in the catskills?

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Jul 02 2018, 6:53 am
I'm curious why one would want to stay in a condo if they're out in the mountains? Wouldn't a cabin out in nature be more in line?

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Jul 02 2018, 8:06 am
amother wrote:
I'm curious why one would want to stay in a condo if they're out in the mountains? Wouldn't a cabin out in nature be more in line?

If someone is coming from the city, a condo in the mountains is plenty nature.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics