Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Have you done any of these in Lancaster?

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Jul 08 2018, 8:53 pm
I'd love feedback on any or all of the following activities. We are a couple and a toddler and we want to know what you enjoyed or disliked about the following, or any other type of feedback:

Strasberg train ride
Barnyard Kingdom
Hands On House
Long's Park petting farm

Thanks. Feel free to share any other Lancaster favorites too.

thunderstorm

Post Sun, Jul 08 2018, 8:55 pm
amother wrote:
I'd love feedback on any or all of the following activities. We are a couple and a toddler and we want to know what you enjoyed or disliked about the following, or any other type of feedback:

Strasberg train ride
Barnyard Kingdom
Hands On House
Long's Park petting farm

Thanks. Feel free to share any other Lancaster favorites too.

The train ride was nice to sit and relax. We passed by lots of green farmland. My kids found it boring. Your toddler might get antsy.

I didn't do any of the other things on your list

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Jul 08 2018, 9:03 pm
We did barnyard kingdom with a 3 and 1 year old, was amazing! Enjoyed by all!

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Jul 08 2018, 9:29 pm
amother wrote:
We did barnyard kingdom with a 3 and 1 year old, was amazing! Enjoyed by all!

thanks for the responses. what did you enjoy about Barnyard Kingdom? What should we make sure to see? Website was pretty unclear to me

amother
Seashell

Post Sun, Jul 08 2018, 9:35 pm
amother wrote:
thanks for the responses. what did you enjoy about Barnyard Kingdom? What should we make sure to see? Website was pretty unclear to me

Everything ! Huge jumping trampoline thing, pony rides, ride on mini tractors, pig race show, huge slides, sand with shovels, hay ride, old train to go into, tractor to go into, swings , hay climbing things , and I'm sure more I'm not remembering now. ...

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Jul 08 2018, 9:45 pm
amother wrote:
Everything ! Huge jumping trampoline thing, pony rides, ride on mini tractors, pig race show, huge slides, sand with shovels, hay ride, old train to go into, tractor to go into, swings , hay climbing things , and I'm sure more I'm not remembering now. ...

Is it for 6 year olds to 12 year olds?

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Jul 08 2018, 9:52 pm
amother wrote:

sounds so nice! Thanks for taking the time to respond.

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, Jul 08 2018, 10:19 pm
Long's Park is awesome. It has beautiful gardens, pond and picnic areas, really cool playgrounds, and the best part: a FREE petting zoo where you can actually get up close with the animals, who are roaming around a fenced-in area visitors can go into during petting zoo hours. The animals are extremely tame and kids love it!

naomi2

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 6:07 am
amother wrote:

Are you maybe referring to cherry crest farm?

benny

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 6:22 am
We did the strousberg railroad. Kids enjoyed it. Was relaxing, beautiful scenery, and they liked experiencing an old fashioned train. We took the open air car which I think was cheapest, so the windows were all open and you really got to see and smell the sites. I do remember it was very hot.

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 7:19 am
naomi2 wrote:
Are you maybe referring to cherry crest farm?

No! It was barnyard kingdom. Why are you questioning me?

benny

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 10:11 am
Maybe Bec sounds very similar to cherry crest farms?

amother
Seashell

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 10:12 am
benny wrote:
Maybe Bec sounds very similar to cherry crest farms?

It is similar but not exact same. It was barnyard kingdom

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 2:18 pm
We did Strousberg railroad - I thought it was too quick an activity for the money.
Next time I'd bring a picnic lunch - get off at the small park with a picnic and take a different train back to stretch the experience.

for a toddler a plain park is probably very enjoyable.

If you want to drive a bit (give the toddler a nap Smile ) you can make a trip to perrydell farm for a milking or just to see the cows. I found when my kids were toddlers they liked it because it was very not pressured and you get to see the cows pretty close up. That is all there really is there.
https://perrydellfarm.com/index.php/tour

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 6:32 pm
Sounds so nice!
Between Barnyard Kingdom OR Long's Petting Zoo -- Which should we do if we are only going to do 1 of the 2?

Thanks!!

simba

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 6:50 pm
My kids really enjoyed the Strasbourg train.
We did Cherry Crest farms which is actually one of the stops on the train and really enjoyed that.

amother
Bisque

Post Mon, Jul 09 2018, 11:57 pm
amother wrote:
Sounds so nice!
Between Barnyard Kingdom OR Long's Petting Zoo -- Which should we do if we are only going to do 1 of the 2?

Thanks!!

I only went to Long's Park. Barnyard Kingdom sounds more exciting, but Long's Park is free. So it depends what you're looking for, excitement or budget.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics