Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Haw can I keep my floors clean?
1  2  Next

How often do you wash your kitchen floor?
once a week  
 41%  [ 10 ]
Twice?  
 33%  [ 8 ]
three times?  
 25%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 24

RedVines

Post Tue, Aug 09 2005, 6:56 pm
I feel like washing the floor once a week should be enough! Help

But its my kids- I hate when their socks or feet get dirty...At the same time I cant stand schlepping the bucket and mop out everyight?

What do you do? Any tips? Pale

Tefila

Post Tue, Aug 09 2005, 7:15 pm
Use rugs by all our entrance ways. And if it's a muddy or rainy or snowy day all footwear gets removed and placed neatly on rack by the door !These r the cardinal rules, if they forget they get to clean not me! Twisted Evil

chavamom

Post Tue, Aug 09 2005, 7:19 pm
A swifter wet mop will solve your problem. You can spot clean or wipe down the entire floor without getting out the whole mop and bucket.

stem

Post Tue, Aug 09 2005, 7:25 pm
Swiffer is the way to go!

nicole81

Post Tue, Aug 09 2005, 7:51 pm
our entire apartment is carpeted except for the kitchen and bathrooms. makes things easy.

RedVines

Post Tue, Aug 09 2005, 7:57 pm
I barely have any carpets which is the problem, I have tried switfter before, then I got to used to it and I used it all the time which really does not do such a great job. now I found a great mop and I want to use that one.
Hmm... Does anyone know of a good floor wash I think that may be part of the problem!

Tefila

Post Tue, Aug 09 2005, 8:21 pm
Oh I was thinking you meant making floor dirty coming in from outside not relizing you meant getting dirty from the inside embarrassed
Well no choice but to spot clean or reg mop daily and propely once a week...... or just tell kids to wear slippers

lucky

Post Tue, Aug 09 2005, 8:30 pm
freilich wrote:
...... or just tell kids to wear slippers

Also tell kids not to spill anything, color on the floor, etc. Wink Wink
Since my kitchen is high traffic, I spotwash daily, and 2-3 times a week it is done by my cleaning lady.

Have you ever noticed that washing the floor almost guarantees that s/o will spill s/t on it right away? when the cleaning lady leaves is a perfect time for my son to spill his juice!! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

chavamom

Post Tue, Aug 09 2005, 9:19 pm
Swifter for spots and mop properly once or twice a week?

RedVines

Post Tue, Aug 09 2005, 9:25 pm
When you say spot clean do you mean, spray and paper towel , I feel like I am always on the floor!! I just mopped properly now.

I am going totry to get in the habit of doing it more often.

Any ideas on the best floor wash?

chavamom

Post Tue, Aug 09 2005, 10:33 pm
It depends on the type of floor you have. Stay away from the 'mop and glow' type products. They attract dirt!

de_goldy

Post Tue, Aug 09 2005, 10:52 pm
I mop kitchen (lino), bathroom (tiles) and laundry (tiles) floors every night just with super, super hot water. Leaves the floors clean and dries almost before your done so no slipping.

gryp

Post Wed, Aug 10 2005, 6:36 am
do your best that no one should drip water on the floor. I realized that when water drips on the floor, then people step on it and walk around, the floor becomes a huge dirt mess.

miriam

Post Wed, Aug 10 2005, 6:44 am
Very true. The kids love eating/sucking on ice cubes but the floor suffers.

imaamy

Post Wed, Aug 10 2005, 12:38 pm
I have laminate floors (like Pergo but a different brand). I've tried vinegar, ammonia, Pinesol, but they are always streaky when the light shines on them. Never look good to me. Any one else have success with this material? It is almost my whole downstairs so I wouldn't want to hand dry it on my hands and knees--I'd rather see the streaks!

RedVines

Post Wed, Aug 10 2005, 12:53 pm
de_goldy: do you use plain hot water? with no soap?

de_goldy

Post Wed, Aug 10 2005, 4:54 pm
Yup. First I vaccum and then I just go over it with very, very hot water. (this is every night, probably about once a week I wash with cleaner).

RedVines

Post Wed, Aug 10 2005, 5:55 pm
I just did that around my dinner table,I hope it will stay nice (at least until breakfast)

Tovah

Post Wed, Aug 10 2005, 6:14 pm
try no shoes in the house, a rug under the kitchen sink when doing dishes,
and eating only at the table/high chair
now if I can only do 1 of these things

hindyandrafi

Post Thu, Aug 11 2005, 9:15 am
The swiffer is a good option, although it takes alot of stuff to get it clean!!! Ive also decided that I hate tile, cos it shows all the dirt... I guess the only answer is to mop everynight!!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry